Belly Band holsters: any users?

Looking at some alternate holster options: mostly stuff that I can use when out riding bicycle, or out for a short walk/run on the trails in the country.

Firearms in rotation - Walther CCP, Kahr CW380 (maybe!), Taurus 85 and S&W 642 snub nose revolvers. Also have a Taurus Judge Public Defender Poly that I would like to start carrying.

Here is one such holster:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DEGYTC6?aa ... 2C%20Black

Anyone have real world experience with this? Thoughts? Recommendations on similar products?

Re: Belly Band holsters: any users?

5.11 conceal carry T-shirt would be better IMO, rather than a tight band around the belly. I caught these on sale several years ago. Still have two, but sold three NIB. Works OK for short periods (depending on gun), but got uncomfortable on ribs if an all day thing with an EDC, even though it is well padded. Worked well with my Slims, not so well on mid-sized or larger pistols. Texas weather is another factor - not for summer wear. One other problem was putting it on or taking it off - almost need two people - very happy no one around or there would be a U-Tube vid for all to laugh about. This is a compression shirt and peels on and off - but it functions well for CC.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Received holster on Thursday. Tried it on and carried with recently acquired S&W J Frame 642. Not bad. Yet to find the right comfort fit when wrapping holster around the midsection.

Went for a walk/jog on the trail by the house. Did not lose gun or ID and keys that were tucked in the holster.

Will use some more this week, as we are prepping for our first 5K run!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

The Can Can is marketed to women, but it's the best option (in my opinion). It's more of a hip band than a belly band, but I think it's more comfortable than a belly band for all day carry. Plus, it's more concealable (for me) than a belly band, and I can draw quicker from it than from a belly band as well. The materials and craftsmanship are top-notch, and the black-on-black is androgynous enough (after the ribbon is untied from the back): https://www.amazon.com/Can-Concealment- ... ay&sr=8-2.

I looked up the specs on the 4" Model 66 on S&W's website, and that gun is definitely too large for the standard Can Can. But Can Can does make a larger version called The Big Shebang (https://www.amazon.com/Hip-Hugger-Big-S ... 8534204011) that would probably work. All sizes of their hip bands have open-bottomed holster slots, so the barrel of the 66 would pass through through it an inch or two. I can imagine that setup working with appendix carry. The band would be strong enough to hold the 66 in place during normal daily activity, but if the wearer were to jog or run, I can imagine the weight of the 66 might cause the gun to slip down deeper into the band a bit. I doubt the band itself would shift (because the tack-grip on the back of the band is really effective), but the gun itself might shift down with greater than normal physical activity.

Been on a few runs the over the last couple weeks. Seems to work great. The only concern I have is getting the shooter out of the holster if needed. The way the retention strap is setup.. this could be a problem, but nothing that some practice could not fix.

Other than that even concealment is great. Even stopped by the local CVS one morning and no problems ..

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I posted about getting a belly band awhile back. It's very comfortable and not hot like I was worried it might be. I did make some modifications to it to make drawing the gun easier. I don't see much point in using the retaining strap. It's just something more to deal with when drawing the gun. I actually cut the straps off my belly band. Depending on the size of gun you are carrying, the pocket seems to hold the gun very well and I'm not worried about the gun falling out under any normal circumstances. I would have to stand on my head for the gun to fall out - and I stopped doing that years ago. I do agree with what others have said about the draw - it's on the slow side. Because my gun sits low in the pocket (Ruger Lc9s) I think the problem is getting a good grip on the gun when you draw. The Ruger Lc9s is a very small and slender gun. Getting a good grip on it when it's sitting down in the pocket is a challenge - for me anyway. This is why I went in search for a larger gun to try and solve that problem. As you know I recently bought the Taurus G2C. Larger and thicker than the Lc9s it's much easier to get hold of when I draw. But that thicker grip also affects ease of concealment. The thicker grip tends to print more and I have to wear a t-shirt that's looks a little too big for me - but I guess most people wouldn't pay much attention to that anyway. Still, I do not consider the belly band a "quick draw" method of carrying. But it is comfortable.