Re: Dallas, TX - 1 with a .38 beats 3 with assault rifle

GuitarsandGuns wrote::sorry: when seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

When minutes count, the police are over an hour away.

I think I read "assault rifle" 12 times. Reporters=gossipers
I should have used quotes on my title, I'm not a fan of that term at all.

Xela
"We are all born mad. Some remain so." Waiting for Godot

"...as soon as there is language, generality has entered the scene..." Derrida

Xela wrote:
GuitarsandGuns wrote::sorry: when seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

When minutes count, the police are over an hour away.

I think I read "assault rifle" 12 times. Reporters=gossipers
I should have used quotes on my title, I'm not a fan of that term at all.

Xela
You were faithfully reporting the reporter.
You get a pass anyway because you taught me how to heat a corn tortilla.
How to Embed a Youtube Video - click here
If you live a long life, it is a testament to your friends' self control.
Join The LGC

Thread Killer

Simmer down wrote:Dallas PD response time is inversely correlated to the average taxable property value of the origin of the call. :confused:
Spot on. That's exactly how I feel. :evilmad:

I had to make a second call to Dallas PD for a report to be written when someone tried to break into my place. The first time they responded they did nothing! Guess what, I live in a low income neighborhood.

My boss lives in a "nicer" area and the cops showed up immediately, full sirens, and lights on...they cleared the house and everything. :evilmad:

Xela
"We are all born mad. Some remain so." Waiting for Godot

"...as soon as there is language, generality has entered the scene..." Derrida

In our neighborhood, if you call the police they treat you like the problem, rather than deal with what you called about.

The last time I called them, there was something strange going on down beyond the end of our little street - if you've ever seen and heard a really big fireworks display (such as a city might throw) go seriously wrong (I think there are examples on YouTube), you know what I'm talking about. Big mortars exploding on the ground and all over the place, in among the trees, rockets flying everywhere. Sounded like WWIII... like a major battle.

The... cop... showed up about 15 minutes later, and was obviously really angry that I'd called and why we were complaining - wanted to know "what is your problem" (said in a nasty tone). I told him that I wasn't complaining... that I called because I was concerned someone might have been hurt, and that some of the blasts had shaken our house (and maybe cracked a window - we noticed one was cracked a few days later). He admitted that he'd heard the fireworks while driving out this way (there were still occasional mortars going off and big bangs) and finally left to check it out. He wasn't in a good mood.

I never did find out what happened, but the same sort of thing has happened a couple of times after that. I just ignore it, or go out to see if I can see anything. We've got three or four cracked windows now, from the strange explosions we experience now and then (not too unusual to have something shake the house or rattle the windows).

Definitely, response times (and ...police... response) are directly tied to the SES of the caller and the property values of the neighborhood.