Re: LGC featured on front page of San Jose Mercury News

SmokeFan wrote:
Inquisitor wrote: Chardonnay. Duh.

I just talked to a major network news person...
:::cracks open bottle::: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/gun-club ... d=22557321
No tote bags, just giant range bags made in the USA. ;)

I so have to get a bunch of those together and have the Minuteman embroidered on it before the 2014 Meeting for use in the raffle. ;)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Fukshot wrote:
whitey wrote:So, whatever happened to Mark?
Boy is he going to be surprised!

Thanks for putting up with my schedule derail yesterday, Whitey. I owe you an afternoon at the range.
No problem. I got a chance to start and finish a project on my truck that I've been putting off for the better part of a year. Next time I'm going to be in town I'll give you fair notice. I kept that copy of the newspaper in case you didn't get a chance to grab one.
*DISCLAIMER* This post may have been made from a barstool.

Some positive words about this story came up in the podcast "This Week in Guns." Even though they thought Fukshot came on a bit strong, they were pleased at the guns shown and that her collection proves she's a real enthusiast and not some pretender. They seemed fairly supportive of the club and the idea.

bigstones wrote:When Fukshot gets her own reality show, I'm outta here. What is she going to call it? Fuk Dynasty?
:lol: Okay that was the most clever thing I've read all week.
"These are hard times, NOT end times!"
- Jon Stewart, Rally to Restore Sanity

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Re: LGC in the news

Fukshot wrote:Two more papers by the same publisher have also posted it

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci ... g-liberals

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_25 ... g-liberals
I'm quite new here, but wanted to say thanks for providing a positive and articulate example of being both solidly in favor of traditional left-wing positions and in the importance of the right of responsible firearms ownership. Keep up the good fight!

Fukshot wrote:A bit strong in what regard? Link?
http://www.thisweekinguns.com/059/

About 15:35 into it is when they go to the LGC topic. Though after hearing it again, I have to say it's "supportive" compared to other gun groups by the end of the 10 min segment, but still not thrilled. They seem kind of mystified and hesitant about it, like they're not sure what to make of it at first. They think your language was strong, calling it "vitriolic" at one point, but I don't see where they're getting that. They also seem to mix up your comments with quotes in the article from the websites of other groups like the Pink Pistols, so who knows.

Though one guy says you have style for holding a classic American rifle (which he misidentifies as a Garand :P ), the other dude says you hit the nail on the head, and the girl guest says it's inspiring to see liberals with guns but I disagree with her view that conservative gun groups would welcome the LGC with open arms, I'm not holding my breath on that sadly.
"These are hard times, NOT end times!"
- Jon Stewart, Rally to Restore Sanity

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

senorgrand wrote:I :love: FS!
:thumbup:
[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/4MMnAh23ys4[/youtu_be]
Fukshot wrote:
Ewok wrote:
Fukshot wrote:... BBQ requires strawberry soda where I come from.
Uh, would that be down the rabbit hole, or through the looking glass? :lol:
Where we drop houses on witches.
You're Australian?!?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

PiratePenguin wrote:
RobertS wrote:Which of us is Marlene Hoeber? Unless it's forbidden to ask. Ohhhhh....she's got a .44 magnum? Awesome.

I want to shoot one. I really want to try my hand at a S&W 500, but I'd settle for a .44.
She posts (posted?) on here as Fukshot.
I read in another article that she owns an M1 Garand.

That's cool! I'd like to experience first hand how the rifle that won the war feels when fired.

RobertS wrote:That's cool! I'd like to experience first hand how the rifle that won the war feels when fired.
They're quite common. If you frequent shooting ranges, you're likely to find someone with one; perhaps they'll let you fire a few shots.

The Garand is quite heavy. It kicks rather strongly for their weight (the 30-06 is a sturdy cartridge). In my experience, they work flawlessly. Never get your thumb into the internal magazine (the place on top where the clips go in) when the bolt closes; it will at the minimum hurt real bad, more likely require stitches.

The other gun that's great fun to shoot (and therefore own) is the Garand's little sister, the M1 Carbine. Small, light, fun. While no ammo is cheap any longer, this ammo is affordable (in particular if you buy it from the CMP).

Both rifles used to be very inexpensive, when purchased from the CMP. Sadly, the CMP is out of stock on carbines, and Garands now cost more than $500.

RobertS wrote: I read in another article that she owns an M1 Garand.

That's cool! I'd like to experience first hand how the rifle that won the war feels when fired.
This is getting off topic, but there are plenty of threads on this forum by myself and many others about M1 Garands.

I don't know where you are geographically, RobertS, but there might be meetup possibilities where some folks here could introduce you to a Garand (and other cool stuff).
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Elmo wrote:

This is getting off topic, but there are plenty of threads on this forum by myself and many others about M1 Garands.

I don't know where you are geographically, RobertS, but there might be meetup possibilities where some folks here could introduce you to a Garand (and other cool stuff).
Yup. There are more than a few of us around the bay area with some pretty cool stuff. Speaking of, totally OT, Elmo, we should do a Military match with our Garands sometime soon. Napa does one that's open to the public on the third Thursday of the month.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Elmo wrote:

Oops, I should have filled that in. I'm in Milwaukee, WI.