Re: LGC in the news

SwampGrouch wrote:
ErikO wrote:Since I am not aware here, how different is GOC from GOA? It sounds like they are waiting for us to 'step out of line' so they can pounce on us. Maybe they should work more on getting viable alternatives to Ghost Gun and Turn Them All In.
Sounds like just another storefront. The signs in the window and over the door say, "2nd Amendment Rights," but when you step inside the shelves are stocked with far right politics.
Sadly, not surprising. I'd love to counter them by saying we're watching them for when they support government intrusion into lives of others but not them. ;)

As to marketing our org, "Shooting Stuff is Fun" printed on goods made here in the US should speak loud enough beyond these fine articles. :)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Re: LGC featured on front page of San Jose Mercury News

A 696 is an oddball gun to begin with, but in CA it's also off-roster. The most discerning eyes might figure that out.

Somehow the DA guns seem a little less Fudd, which is something I think about when hauling a gun out for the press. So many gun folks assume liberals will be on the "the Fudd stuff is ok, but nothing else" boat. I try to do what I can to not reinforce that. At the same time I try not to look like a Rambo wannabe posing with my giant scaryblackrifle(tm).

Next reporter gets the Bowen.

whitey wrote:Came down to the hotel lobby to have breakfast and this is what I find...
How did "The Pooch Problem" rise to the top of the front page?

As for our message, "Shooting stuff is (hella) fun!" says it all. Say it loud, say it proud! (Where's the rainbow flag smiley?).
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

CDFingers wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:Meh, we have to have an opinion :)
"Shooting stuff is fun."

When they come in, they'll find the shelves stocked with social justice pamphlets, reactive targets, and cat videos. Wait. And shoe catalogs.

CDFingers
And brie. Don't forget the brie.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Elmo wrote:
CDFingers wrote:
"Shooting stuff is fun."

When they come in, they'll find the shelves stocked with social justice pamphlets, reactive targets, and cat videos. Wait. And shoe catalogs.

CDFingers
And wine. Liberals all drink red wine.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:
Elmo wrote:
CDFingers wrote:
"Shooting stuff is fun."

CDFingers
And wine. Liberals all drink red wine.
Chardonnay. Duh.

I just talked to a major network news person...

I'll bring the crackers...

The article - awesome! Fukshot, you definitely have the heart and soul of an advocate. You are passionate about your beliefs and you won't hesitate to kick down some doors when you have to. I hope I am as passionate an advocate for my work with the disabled. And the novelty of disabled female liberal mom gun nuts. There is heck of a minority for ya...

And as usual, I guess we can take solace in knowing that the knuckledraggers are predictable. And they wonder why they are losing support - because we can't - we just can't continue the status quo. Society is constantly changing and societal concerns are going to continue to ebb and flow. Ten years from now, God forbid, we may face another 9/11. The rumors of terrorists marching down Main Street will come back. Gun permits and purchases will increase again. Another doctor and his wife will be the victims of a home invasion. Gun permits and purchases will increase again.

Then - another Sandy Hook or Columbine and the antis start running around like chicken littles.
First of all, let's call it what it really is...It's not a gun buy-back, because the government never owned them. It's a gun turn in.

Fukshot wrote:The douchebag wing is solidly reliable.

If anybody sees this thing linked or reposted elsewhere, particularly gun forums but other places too, please post those links in this thread.

Thanks
I paged it at the Little Green Footballs blog. No comments as yet but it did get promoted to the Featured Pages list by the site owner. http://littlegreenfootballs.com/page/30 ... Find_Solac
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White