Re: Schmucks

Just as a random point of conversation, I wonder if Obama's history and perceived stance would have been different if he hadn't been from Illinois. To put it a different way, did the state he was getting elected in affect the stance he took? Or was that his stance always?

Based just on what he's done while being the POTUS, I have always been under the general opinion that Obama didn't really care a ton about 2A stuff one way or the other. He always seemed to have bigger "fish to fry" as it were. He signed a couple bills without a fuss that expanded 2A rights a bit. And you didn't really hear a peep out of him until after the Sandy Hook tragedy. And since then, I'm not sure that he's done anything more than make a few talking points when asked. But I may have missed stuff that would be relevant.

In any case, if there weren't any changes at the federal level passed by congress while the nation was in shock from Sandy Hook, there aren't going to be any in the near future. State level is different, as we know. But in discussing the POTUS, I figure it's a federal level conversation.