King County deputy arrested on drug, prostitution charges

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/King ... 57601.html

So, so wrong.

And the more you dig into this the wronger it gets.

Stealing ammo from the police range? Check.

Pumping up on (and dealing) 'roids. Check.

Pimping out his ex-wife for prostitution. Check.

And he's not just a run-of-the-mill corrupt cop. He is a long-time SWAT team member, had a well known gun training business called Praetor, and he is a Grand Master in USPSA.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Re: King County deputy arrested on drug, prostitution charge

Here LGC goes again.

The sheriff initiates an investigation against an apparently dirty cop, they find probable cause and arrest his ass, and y'all start inventing factoids and howling for the sheriff's blood.

Did you even bother to read the God damn news piece? John Urquart, the current King County sheriff was elected in November 2012. The previous sheriff, Sue Rahr held the office from 2005 to 2012 (there was an interim sheriff for a few months after she resigned). Given the time frame, it looks like this may have been something he started working on when he took office.

Urquart is up front calling it corruption, not trying to cover it up, sweep it under the rug, enforce the good old boy network, or any of the other shit your religion says all cops do.

Edit: I apologize to anyone undeserving who got splattered with that broad brush I was swinging. I forgot that it's wrong, even if it is baseline behavior for quite a few folks in here.
Last edited by SwampGrouch on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

senorgrand wrote:Nothing in the article says anything about the tenure of the current sheriff, so I agree that the current sheriff may be innocent. I apologize.

But there is no way no one inside knew what this guy was doing. Don't SWAT members have to pass drug checks??
If they're testing, it's probably pot, opiates, and meth. Steroids aren't necessarily included in the screen.

Oh! And the "police range" where every shell should have been accounted for? They rent from the privately owned Cascade Pistol & Rifle Club. Rented facility, an employee of the tenant agency takes charge of cleaning up the spent brass, and no one notices a God damn thing. It could take years for an auditor (and there's not a huge overlap between county auditor's employees and shooters) to ask, "What about the brass?" Pretty slick scam, really. This is no dumbshit.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Evo1 wrote:
Zombs wrote:
Evo1 wrote:
rolandson wrote:Just what every department needs...a roided out SWAT junky, or is that a SWATED out roid junky...I can never keep it straight.
Most of them have more than one.
I reserve comment on this.
As I used to say, I was never afraid of the police until I was one.
A few people I went to HS with became cops....apparantly the psych tests I take to get in sensitive areas as a tradesperson are tougher than what local and county do in Illinois. One had anger issues in school to the point where he had to finish out of gen pop in a lockdown behavior program off site.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

I've known a lot of LEOs over the years -- and just like every profession, some are good -- and some are not. I've also known a few people who have abused steroids -- and volatile would be a major understatement.

I agree with the probability of accomplices. It's disturbing. On a whole bunch of levels.
First of all, let's call it what it really is...It's not a gun buy-back, because the government never owned them. It's a gun turn in.

Urquart seems like a guy trying to do right thus far in his tenure. Then again, what do I know? I'm sure they all look like that early on. Still, hard to blame him for this particular asshat.

But overall, the Seattle area LE world has been dealing with a lot of shit based, as far as the average eye can see, on bad management and lack of ability/courage to boot out bad cops. This is one sort of area where my pro-union stance takes a dive. They should be kicking out the bad cops, not hiding behind the "wall o badges".

And admittedly, I'm painting with a rather broad brush as far as the specific departments having trouble (i.e. it's the seattle police who are under federal oversight, not the sheriffs dept. etc). But at some point, it all starts to blend together.