Re: A Glock even the haters can admire.

KnightsFan wrote: And the wooden Glock just reminds me of the wooden Enterprise replicas they featured in one of the movies. Except uglier, but not a bad idea, wooden replicas of iconic firearm designs. :hmmm: There's gotta be a market for it somewhere.
Like jails with Dillinger wannabes :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I assume it's the shape of a Glock the haters find offensive and if so, they'll still hate this beautiful wood model because it looks just the same. I can't imagine it's the finish, which is the only visual difference in the model and a real one. But screw those people, I see nothing wrong with a Glock esthetically and back that statement up with ownership of both a G23 and a G17.

drigeba wrote:
rltriumph wrote:So my dream of a mini gun on the lawn mower is a little overkill?

You'll need a trailer to carry enough ammo for than a 2 second burst..

:roflmao:

Do they make airsoft miniguns?

:smart:
No, but they make nerf miniguns. Automatic belt fed and everything.
"No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person."
-Willa Cather

atxgunguy wrote:Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of Glock's ergonomics, but will say that the Glock 31 is pretty nice in terms of balance and accuracy. The 9mm and 40cal versions leave a bit to be desired on both of those fronts.
When I was shopping for a .40 S&W handgun the Glock 22 won the ergonomics and accuracy shoot out for me at the local rent a gun range.

diff'rnt stokes f'r diff'rnt folks...

Strangely enough, since most of my trigger time with handguns has been with a .22 rimfire Luger, the grip angle of the G22 feels natural to me. Maybe when I i get ready to get my next semi-auto handgun the balance will shift to more traditional grip angle. I am not yet consistent enough with my hold to tell if accuracy is a long term issue. It have gleaned from various sources that the stock barrel on any Glock trades off reliability for accuracy, so i have my eye on a Wilson combat match barrel with a faster twist and different profile to the lands.

of course since also reload, i am tinkering with the loads as well. :ugeek:

The bottom line is if it goes bang safely, it's still fun! even on a lawnmower...
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.