Good Humor: Governor Perry can't buy guns or concealed carry

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/lo ... 895.735465
Forget that it could ruin his presidential aspirations. Look beyond the possibility he could spend about a century in prison explaining to fellow inmates (with names like Mad Dog and Widowmaker) the intricacies of constitutional law and vetoes.
Those of you who wish ill upon Gov. Rick Perry (and shame on you for doing so) perhaps will find delight in the fact that his indictment already has hit him where it hurts. It’s right there in federal law, specifically the federal law known as 18 USC 922(n), and I quote:

“It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person (1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.”
And there’s more. As an indictee, Perry’s state-issued Concealed Handgun License, assuming he still has one — his office didn’t know as of Tuesday afternoon — will be suspended until the case against him is decided. (Cue the cheering coyotes.)
:whistle:

Couldn't be more humorous if he tried!
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Re: Good Humor: Governor Perry can't buy guns or concealed c

:yahoo: Couldn't have happened to a better guy!! If you want to see something funny, head on over to some of those other gun sites and look at what his fan base has to say -- I warn you -- their threats towards the liberals are very thinly veiled. Of course, the "libtards" are behind it all.

I wish they would get at least a little creative.
First of all, let's call it what it really is...It's not a gun buy-back, because the government never owned them. It's a gun turn in.

Not that I am happy that Gov. Perry has lost some of his rights but am happy that perhaps for once he is realizing what life is like for the non rich and non connected. His policies have people stuck in generational poverty with no way out and I know he will never know what hunger or telling a child they cant have or do something is. Maybe for once the system rolling along unstoppable as it is for the general masses kicks him in the nuts, possibly for the first time in his life. But no matter what his quality of life will never change and sincehe is wealthy will never spend time in prison. Sad but true.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

Wino wrote:Too bad they don't make him wear an ankle GPS and bar him from being in Texas. :roflmao:
Love the idea of an ankle GPS can't force him out of Texas but can prevent him from leaving Travis County. Better yet make him go to Loving county. Population is 82 and 677 square miles. He would increase the population and decrease the I.Q. Maybe he could politic out there with the higher life forms, coyotes and rattlers, without guns.

This will drag on till he is out of office. If he runs for President and is not nominated or elected he and other republicans are going to blame it on those Libtard Democrats and this mess.

This stuff may spread further cause it was started over an investigation of state funds being redirected to supporters of Greg Abbott and friends of Perry from a state project to help cancer treatment by supporting private companies doing research and getting products to market.

Greg Abbott, as the AG, was a member of the over site board. He never went to any of the meeting and sent a staffer to only three. But, campaign contributor's companies not involved in cancer research or development of products got money from the fund.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Inquisitor wrote:As big a douche as he is, if it were a trumped up charge, we wouldn't be cheering for others losing their rights. Perry is a douche, and the irony is sweet, for sure, but...

Schadenfreude is one of those actual double edged doohickeys ;)
Yes, this. I do have to admit to being troubled that someone who has been accused of, but not convicted of, a crime can lose their rights. (Obviously it's the way the statute is written, but still. Presumption of innocence, and all that.)
Anything unattempted remains impossible.

Like coffee? (or tea?)

SmokeFan wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:As big a douche as he is, if it were a trumped up charge, we wouldn't be cheering for others losing their rights. Perry is a douche, and the irony is sweet, for sure, but...

Schadenfreude is one of those actual double edged doohickeys ;)
Yes, this. I do have to admit to being troubled that someone who has been accused of, but not convicted of, a crime can lose their rights. (Obviously it's the way the statute is written, but still. Presumption of innocence, and all that.)
Does bring up the point of temporary loss of rights. Think of it this way, he is indicted on a felony charge. The law as I understand if you are indicted on any felony charge you temporarily lose the right to keep a gun. The law makes no difference between a violent felony and a non-violent felony. It is there to protect the citizens in general and especially people involved in the case. In the past we have had defendants in felony cases try to alter the outcomes of their trials with the use of a gun.

I'm not say Rick Perry would do such a thing, but others have and he deserves no special treatment.

I do think if convicted he should get special treatment in the TDC. He should have his cell in the Ellis Unit at Huntsville and have his exercise time with the Death Row inmates.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,