Device tracking the gun

The firearms technology company Yardarm Technologies has developed a gun that can record crucial information about when, where and how police officers use their firearms.
It is an electronic device that is placed inside the hand grip of a Glock.
Yardarm’s new gun can recognize and record things such as when the weapon is unholstered, when a magazine is inserted, when the first bullet enters the chamber and when and (roughly) where the weapon is fired, company spokesman Jim Schaff told The Huffington Post. Soon, Yardarm plans to give the gun the ability to know the direction and angle of each shot, Schaff said.
This device is marketed to track and monitor the use of a policeman's weapon. Just like the idea of the dash cam and body cam is used to monitor their activities and interactions with the public.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/2 ... 40930.html
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Device tracking the gun

GeorgiaRN wrote:My fear is if we do it for the police, it will happen to the law abiding citizen also. I will pass on this. I think we should put that money into the police having cameras.
Yep, I can see some sort of "all guns must have this tracking device" movement. Just another way to price firearms out of reach of some. Hell, if I want to not be tracked I'll turn off my uhmm, cell phone, uhm, computer.

But wait a minute, my gun was just tracked as I was driving through a gun free school zone....now I'm screwed even though I transported it legally.

I'm in favor of cop cams, it is a win/win.

Live gun tracking seems to me to be a method of creating more criminals through misguided legislation.
Heller and McDonald are precedents to be followed, not obstacles
to be overcome

Re: Device tracking the gun

fknauss wrote:I see some synergy, too. Force the cams to go active when the gun leaves the holster kind of thing.

They wanna track when my gun gets unholstered or fired, they're welcome to if they pay for it.
:sarcasm: Oh No. Since you are a gun owning brute you must have a tracker and pay for it. It would supplemnet the 5$5 a round tax on ammunition. See we didn't interfere with your 2nd amendment rights
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Ben Franklin
Beto in wisconsin