Re: Give me bacon or give me death!

nigel wrote:Should bacon be designated a class 1 controlled substance?
Good point. We can't just have people running around all hopped up on bacon. Lean mean murdering machines is what that turns people into. Since there's nothing we can actually do to stop deranged people from being addicted, we should criminalize the substance itself. We should create a patchwork of mismatched laws with disproportionately applied penalties, and enforce them vigorously. Targeting the poor and minorities should do it. Maybe we could increase the populations of our prison system, and expand privatization of both law enforcement and corrections. Think about it, for every what 10-20 ruined lives legitimate incarcerations for pork belly trafficking or distribution, you create at least one job! I'll start a company and get No-bid Cost-plus contracts, then we'll distribute the kickbacks appropriately through shell corporations and political fluff.

Bonus is that with a felony conviction, they'll most likely never fit into society even if they do get out eventually, so they'll most likely never get rich enough to threaten our places in society, and they can't vote to change anything. :greedy: :roflmao:
:sarcasm:

ETA: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

McDs should take bacon off their menu anyway out of consideration for those who have Halal dietary restrictions. That would show they care about their customers and want to be inclusive. Last year a restaurant in Vermont took down a bacon sign because it offended a Somali resident who complained. If one Vermont restaurant owner can see the error of their ways, McDs can too.

Link to article: http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-new-yo ... 96#!bJMMtZ
Twisty

Nothing in the constitution about protection from being offended.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

dougb wrote:Nothing in the constitution about protection from being offended.
That is why the city manager said this...
Winooski's city manager spoke on behalf of the city. She said:

"The cool part of living in a diverse community is that it's not always comfortable. It's a fascinating place with lots of opportunities for conversation. The City has to pay attention to a lot of factors while acting within what we can regulate," said Katherine "Deac" Decarreau.
Twisty

Twisty wrote:McDs should take bacon off their menu anyway out of consideration for those who have Halal dietary restrictions. That would show they care about their customers and want to be inclusive. Last year a restaurant in Vermont took down a bacon sign because it offended a Somali resident who complained. If one Vermont restaurant owner can see the error of their ways, McDs can too.

Cannot tell if serious.
"We are The Liberal Gun Club, not the tolerant gun club...."

"I'm an expert."

"This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem." --Joe Rogan

dougb wrote:Nothing in the constitution about protection from being offended.
We should be looking beyond the constitution since it was written by slave owners who did not care about rights anyway. Doing seemingly ordinary things that offend entire ethnicities is not cool. It is high time to join the civilized world and model ourselves after some of the European countries that are more accepting and tolerant of Muslims. No one really needs bacon anyway. :yucky:
Twisty

Twisty wrote:It is high time to join the civilized world and model ourselves after some of the European countries that are more accepting and tolerant of Muslims.
:roflmao:

Which Europe are you speaking of exactly? The only one I know is west of Asia and north of Africa, and you definitely have to be thinking of a different Europe.

Outlaw bacon and only outlaws will have bacon. I can see it now the local butcher selling bacon under the counter. "Got some good stuff today its hickory smoked. Sell you two thin slices for a ten spot. Don't have the cash. Well, go see Mike down the street, he'll sell you some BaCos Bits." Or teenagers sniffing bacon wrappers. Older people telling stories how you could just go and get bacon almost anywhere. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Twisty wrote:McDs should take bacon off their menu anyway out of consideration for those who have Halal dietary restrictions. That would show they care about their customers and want to be inclusive. Last year a restaurant in Vermont took down a bacon sign because it offended a Somali resident who complained. If one Vermont restaurant owner can see the error of their ways, McDs can too.

They should also ban all animal-based products since some vegans might go in there :sarcasm: (although why ANYONE wants to eat there is quite beyond me)

Seriously, Twisty, if I don't like fish, I don't go into the fish restaurant. I hate McD's, so I don't go there. Everyone is free to follow my example - it's very easy.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Twisty wrote:That would show they care about their customers
which is exactly what they are doing (as much as mcd cares about anyone). mcd's offers menu items, customers self-select by deciding whether to order food there.

and anyway, what's the big deal about pork? is it because you might get tapeworms if you don't cook it enough? is firewood that scarce in the middle east?
Twisty wrote: We should be looking beyond the constitution since it was written by slave owners who did not care about rights anyway.
and that's what makes the constitution so special. those guys were able to imagine and implement (flawed as that implementation is) a system that attempted to guarantee certain rights to everyone. no one had ever done that before, and precious few have since.
Twisty wrote:No one really needs bacon anyway. :yucky:
that, sir, is heresy. :shock:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?