Re: Man shoots down drone over his property

"They asked me, 'Are you the S-O-B that shot my drone?' and I said, 'Yes I am,'" he said. "I had my 40 mm Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there's gonna be another shooting.'"
I just want to know where I find a 40mm Glock! :sarcasm:
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

MedicGoalie84 wrote:
"They asked me, 'Are you the S-O-B that shot my drone?' and I said, 'Yes I am,'" he said. "I had my 40 mm Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there's gonna be another shooting.'"
I need to see some ballistic gel tests before I'm convinced 40 mike-mike is an effective self defense round. :lol:

MedicGoalie84 wrote:
The same store that sells Glock 7.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Close in use a water cannon, a small compressed air tank with a ball valve and a 4 foot section of pipe with about a foot long charge of water, sort of a modification of pumpkin chunkin. Long range, I'd use air combat. We used control line gas model planes with streamers. These little planes with aluminum or nylon props can cut the tail off your opponent and you can do the same with radio control. I've seen some beauties with hundreds of hours of work smashed on their first flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you need more info on drone shoot down here is the leading magazine for DIY stuff telling you how to do it.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/ ... n-a-drone/

But please don't just call the police.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Inquisitor wrote:Yes it actually is. Destructive interference even if unintentional is the responsibility of the person owning the device. If you knowingly operate a device that interferes with lawful transmissions you get in trouble.
An FCC approved router operating within its normal limits can interfere with a drone operating on the same frequency. In the wireless world we don't have as clearly defined a boundary as the classic "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins" quote. But I'd imagine it would be hard to prosecute somebody using a legal device in the manner intended while their own property that happened to interfere with a trespassing robot.

It turns out that what is really required to deal with these irritating things is a trained eagle.
An eagle recently discovered another great use for drones—as a punching bag. Adam Lancaster saw this in action recently, when a wedge-tailed eagle spiked his drone to the ground.
http://qz.com/477878/watch-an-eagle-pun ... f-the-sky/
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Dunce wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:Yes it actually is. Destructive interference even if unintentional is the responsibility of the person owning the device. If you knowingly operate a device that interferes with lawful transmissions you get in trouble.
An FCC approved router operating within its normal limits can interfere with a drone operating on the same frequency. In the wireless world we don't have as clearly defined a boundary as the classic "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins" quote. But I'd imagine it would be hard to prosecute somebody using a legal device in the manner intended while their own property that happened to interfere with a trespassing robot.
If your device is interfering with other lawful radio transmissions, you get the visit from the FCC. Routers are not exempt from this. And drone operators will frequently understand radio so while it may be "hard to find out" they will be knowledgeable and have an incentive. That's just inviting trouble when you are already in the right.

If you drop a drone by jamming it's signal and it destroys property I can imagine the field day in court for everyone.

Call the police. File a complaint.

Due process.

Inquisitor wrote:
Dunce wrote:
If your device is interfering with other lawful radio transmissions, you get the visit from the FCC. Routers are not exempt from this. And drone operators will frequently understand radio so while it may be "hard to find out" they will be knowledgeable and have an incentive. That's just inviting trouble when you are already in the right.

If you drop a drone by jamming it's signal and it destroys property I can imagine the field day in court for everyone.

Call the police. File a complaint.

Due process.
If the device interferes with drones it can interfere with other devices and any good HAM operator can track it down easily. Then you get a visit from the FCC and fines up to $15,000.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

shinzen wrote:I suppose you could just get a 6 channel remote control and switch until you find out what frequency the drone is on........
Which one? RT? Futaba? FlySky? DJI? It's not at all uncommon for RC controllers to use spread spectrum for that matter... if the signal quality degrades it switched to a channel that works better.

As far as jamming... the above "Hams are feisty" bunch are right. ;) Jammers are not cool, and we actively DF them down and report them to the FCC.

Mike