UK bent over pics of cop's kids with guns

The thread about the knife surrender program(me) in the UK (here: http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... =1&t=33357) got me to thinking about another story, which first appeared in February in which the UK went into an uproar after an armed response policeman posted a picture on his FB page of his kids holding guns. :rolleyes: The picture was taken years ago while on a visit to New Zealand, where they were apparently allowed to hold a carbine and a handgun at a police station. :fun:

While the officer does come across as an ignoramus, it is the response to the pics by a society in which any interest in guns has been made shameful that is most telling. :wacko:

Link:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... ed-6159662
"We are The Liberal Gun Club, not the tolerant gun club...."

"I'm an expert."

"This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem." --Joe Rogan

Re: UK bent over pics of cop's kids with guns

“McMaster must actually think that this is a good role model for children at this age.”
I understand--poor trigger discipline.
McMaster was caught in 2005 doing 136mph in a Subaru Impreza on the A9 at Daviot near Inverness. He was banned from driving for a year and fined £500.
Either a WRX or an STI. At a Stage 2+-ish tune the latter would top out closer to 160 under the right conditions. Good times.

The displeasure with the pics is palpable.
The boy, in the photo now a teenager, has several images of guns on his own Facebook page.
LOL.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

ArmedAndLiberal wrote:<snip>

While the officer does come across as an ignoramus, it is the response to the pics by a society in which any interest in guns has been made shameful that is most telling. :wacko:

<snip link>

Personally, I relish the fact that the two cultures are different. Would be a feckin' waste to have the UK just "US-on-the-other-side-of-The-Pond"...

It is not that the interest in guns has been "made shameful", there are plenty of shooters over there, it's just that they are all either shooting pheasants or deer or targets. It is the obsession with guns that they don't (can't) have, and it is as strange to them as having fried bread with breakfast is to us. It's just a difference - nothing to worry about - not everyone has to be like us.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SailDesign wrote:

<snip link>

Personally, I relish the fact that the two cultures are different. Would be a feckin' waste to have the UK just "US-on-the-other-side-of-The-Pond"...
I doubt anyone would have expected otherwise, though that really has nothing to do with the thread. :?
SailDesign wrote:It is not that the interest in guns has been "made shameful",<snip>

Even the different titles on this article as published by different publications are meant to shame.
Daily Record: "Gunbelievable: Shocking online posts of armed response cop shows KIDS posing with weapons"
Mirror: "Police firearms officer posts shocking pictures of KIDS brandishing guns on Facebook"
The article contains plenty of ginned up shock and dismay--so, yeah, it's pretty obvious it is meant both to convey the shame UK residents associate with gun ownership as well as promote the shaming of the officer.
SailDesign wrote:<snip> there are plenty of shooters over there, it's just that they are all either shooting pheasants or deer or targets.
The number of shooters they have and what they shoot at is irrelevant since the issue is pics of kids holding, not firing, guns. Incidentally, people here who own guns legally are shooting pheasants, deer, or targets as well. :thumbup:
"We are The Liberal Gun Club, not the tolerant gun club...."

"I'm an expert."

"This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem." --Joe Rogan

GeorgiaRN wrote:"McMaster was caught in 2005 doing 136mph in a Subaru Impreza on the A9 at Daviot near Inverness. He was banned from driving for a year and fined £500."

I'm calling BS on the Impreza doing 136 mph. I am from Georgia so I am probably biased.
STI or even a WRX could do it.
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

SailDesign wrote:

<snip link>

It is not that the interest in guns has been "made shameful", there are plenty of shooters over there, it's just that they are all either shooting pheasants or deer or targets. It is the obsession with guns that they don't (can't) have, and it is as strange to them as having fried bread with breakfast is to us. It's just a difference - nothing to worry about - not everyone has to be like us.
Almost every Airsoft video I have seen involves UK players. They seem to really enjoy aspects of gun culture.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

DispositionMatrix wrote:
GeorgiaRN wrote:"McMaster was caught in 2005 doing 136mph in a Subaru Impreza on the A9 at Daviot near Inverness. He was banned from driving for a year and fined £500."

I'm calling BS on the Impreza doing 136 mph. I am from Georgia so I am probably biased.
Top speed is indicated at 144 mph, which is low. The question is did he have tires rated for that speed?
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

ArmedAndLiberal wrote:<MAJOR SNIP>
The number of shooters they have and what they shoot at is irrelevant since the issue is pics of kids holding, not firing, guns. Incidentally, people here who own guns legally are shooting pheasants, deer, or targets as well. :thumbup:
You are the one who said it had been made shameful - I just pointed out that it is not universally so.

I KNOW we don't agree - I only lived there for 25 years.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

GeorgiaRN wrote:
DispositionMatrix wrote:

Top speed is indicated at 144 mph, which is low. The question is did he have tires rated for that speed?
He did unless he removed the RE070s.
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

ArmedAndLiberal wrote:The thread about the knife surrender program(me) in the UK (here: http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... =1&t=33357) got me to thinking about another story, which first appeared in February in which the UK went into an uproar after an armed response policeman posted a picture on his FB page of his kids holding guns. :rolleyes: The picture was taken years ago while on a visit to New Zealand, where they were apparently allowed to hold a carbine and a handgun at a police station. :fun:

Link:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... ed-6159662
This story strikes me as similar to yours, with a UK publication trying to gin up some faux outrage over some Scouts ("SCOUTS") being allowed to use firearms--some NFA--at a camp.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... apons.html
She added: 'I don't think anything gets anti-gunners more fired up than kids and guns.

'We at Gemtech feel like that emphasizes the need for education even more and the Boy Scout program is the perfect opportunity to teach people the many benefits of shooting suppressed.'

She claims suppressors will actually have a positive impact on parents concerned about use of guns at Camp Hinds, where 10,000 young people pass through every year.
Seems as if people in the UK are unaware Scouts are not strangers to shooting.
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

rltriumph wrote:Not being picky but do you know what bent refers to in the UK? Perhaps poor choice for a subject about the UK.
I was aware when I wrote the title.
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

sturner wrote:Everyone isn't like us??????

WTF!!!!

That is just wrong!
It is more like a UK rag lamenting we are not like them. The word "Scouts" in the latter article refers to the Boy Scouts of America, and the camp was in Maine.
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ