San Francisco Active Shooter-Close call for me!

post edited

This was a close one for me. We were riding bikes on Valencia street and waited for the traffic light at Cesar Chavex, next to St Lukes, JUST before police cars arrived. I did NOT (edit) hear any shots, though.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Shoo ... item-44548

Found out later what was going on. But when we passed the Valencia Police Station we saw officers donning body armor before getting to their squad car to respond.

Since the perp chose to steal a gun from Big 5, where the employees are not armed, he was able to get away. If he had tried to rob Peninsula Tactical, down the street a couple miles, the situation may have turned out differently.

No idea how this will be playing out politically here. But my sense is it will incite more anti gun fervor among the faithful.

fwiw.
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

Re: San Francisco Active Shooter-Close call for me!

Here is what is going to be the story:
...after robbing a Big 5 Sporting Goods store in San Bruno, a little more than 10 miles away, said San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr
And the reaction will be if Big 5 Sporting Goods in San Bruno did not sell guns or had not been there, the criminal activity would not have occurred.

Also, there will be back-slapping among the SF leadership over having dodged a bullet with the closure of High Bridge Arms.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

DispositionMatrix wrote:Here is what is going to be the story:
...after robbing a Big 5 Sporting Goods store in San Bruno, a little more than 10 miles away, said San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr
And the reaction will be if Big 5 Sporting Goods in San Bruno did not sell guns or had not been there, the criminal activity would not have occurred.

Also, there will be back-slapping among the SF leadership over having dodged a bullet with the closure of High Bridge Arms.
I did edit my OP for some clarity on a key point, I did not hear any shots. My OP sounds like I did hear shots.

I know the guys at High Bridge Arms and the perp would not have lived past his initial draw. All the staff there wear sidearms, most are ex-military and well trained.

High Bridge is less than 2 blocks away from the site of the shooter. Any politician that links those 2 events can be instantly branded a _________ (fill in the blank).

How someone robbed a store of a firearm at gunpoint and then get 10 miles down the road in afternoon traffic is what I want to know.

Thanks for all the nice thoughts y'all! :) :) :) :)

One thought that crossed my mind is that of situational awareness. (particularly after the news from Paris :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: )

I have this nagging feeling that I was having a sheeple moment and it somehow bugs me. Since I am not a LEO it makes sense that I would not be looking out for this kind of situation. But I am wondering if I missed something that would have alerted me. The construction site was on the other side of the block from us, but the construction elevator was visible from where we were. There weren't any clues that something really bad was about to go down. My girlfriend saw some one climbing on the building, but she didn't mention it at the time, and it is unknown if that was the perp.

The other thing that crossed my mind was that Planned Parenthood is right next to St Lukes. Was there a sight line from the roof that the shooter could have used to shoot at the PP facility or staff?

Thanks for listening!

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

this is so normal where I live now, no one even gets to upset anymore. I just wish our police were as responsive as yours apparently are. Our police were all down at the hockey game providing extra protection after the Paris shooting, so when there was a shooting they couldn't respond right away..

hell, every nightly local newscast starts out with 5 to 8 minutes covering shootings and armed robberies. Its almost like people just get use to it now that it happens so much.
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more