Re: Shooting at Mall in Madison, WI

I heard the perpetrator was someone named "Gun Violence."

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... f04ff.html
Coppens said he heard two shots near the Hallmark store and later saw what he described as a shell casing from a .32 caliber weapon.
West Towne Mall was put on lockdown in February when a dispute between members of rival gangs ended in gunfire outside.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Holiday shopping...

In all seriousness, I'm from Madison and the increase in gun violence over the last year alone is alarming. There were a couple shootings the week before this one, some fatal. We've never had a "gang problem" per se out here, with few exceptions. I honestly don't believe that this shooting was between rival "gangs" though, more like rival hothead kids with no positive role models.
Magnited we stand.

AMD-65
Service Six
10/22
Bersa Thunder UCP 9
Mak-90 (RIP)

kilgoretrout wrote:Holiday shopping...

In all seriousness, I'm from Madison and the increase in gun violence over the last year alone is alarming. There were a couple shootings the week before this one, some fatal. We've never had a "gang problem" per se out here, with few exceptions. I honestly don't believe that this shooting was between rival "gangs" though, more like rival hothead kids with no positive role models.
While northern WI's drug problem in mostly meth and alcohol, Southern WI is awash in heroin which creates gang violence.

JoelB wrote:
kilgoretrout wrote:Holiday shopping...

While northern WI's drug problem in mostly meth and alcohol, Southern WI is awash in heroin which creates gang violence.
I would put money on these shootings being non-drug, non-gang related. I know the very personal details of a few incidents and they had nothing to do with either, just a lot of emotionally maladjusted younger males who watch too many movies.

Even the "gang" violence in gang-ridden parts of chicago tends to be more the fault of social media posts than any structured gang activities.
Magnited we stand.

AMD-65
Service Six
10/22
Bersa Thunder UCP 9
Mak-90 (RIP)

kilgoretrout wrote:I honestly don't believe that this shooting was between rival "gangs" though, more like rival hothead kids with no positive role models.
The Wannabes trying to impress someone. They're always more dangerous than the actual members whether they actually aspire to membership in a gang or simply the badass image.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

SwampGrouch wrote:
kilgoretrout wrote:I honestly don't believe that this shooting was between rival "gangs" though, more like rival hothead kids with no positive role models.
The Wannabes trying to impress someone. They're always more dangerous than the actual members whether they actually aspire to membership in a gang or simply the badass image.

No it wasn't 'Rival Gangs' it was two punk 19 year old boys getting hot-headed in a food court, talking smack, fist fight...then out come the pistols these clowns were concealing (certainly not legally) and shooting at each other.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

SwampGrouch wrote:

No it wasn't 'Rival Gangs' it was two punk 19 year old boys getting hot-headed in a food court, talking smack, fist fight...then out come the pistols these clowns were concealing (certainly not legally) and shooting at each other.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.