Re: 'double down on stupid'

Requiring a state permit before one is permitted a right to keep and bear has lots of problems. When state records of permit holders are made public, the permit holder can become a theft target. Having one's permit status come up on a police officer's license plate check doesn't necessarily reduce tension at a traffic stop.

Lack of a permit system doesn't appear to have produced mayhem in Vermont. Appears to be sound public policy.

if I wasn't so old and have so much crap to move (yes, I'm married and she has kayaks and a rug loom, 14 tons of related stuff), I'd move out of this redneck fuckzone and go to Vermont. look at the demographics for Vermont and compare to Missouri, St.Louis, Kansas City. compare the crime stats for those places.
the legislature in Mo. is controlled by small town, Gohmert styled republicans that got elected on Koch bros. and NRA money, they don't care about anything accept the sound of their voices, "blah, blah, yuk, yuk".
I'm going to write a letter to our Att. Gen.(Democrat), suggesting some harsh, partisan push back, in the form of an extensive review of people on disability and people who get a prescription for Oxy. fucking with a hillbilly's guns is one thing, fucking with their check and their drugs is something else. muhaha!

(can I start a 'go fund me" page for moving an old guy to paradise, small town Vermont?)

gungun wrote:if I wasn't so old and have so much crap to move (yes, I'm married and she has kayaks and a rug loom, 14 tons of related stuff), I'd move out of this redneck fuckzone and go to Vermont. look at the demographics for Vermont and compare to Missouri, St.Louis, Kansas City. compare the crime stats for those places.
the legislature in Mo. is controlled by small town, Gohmert styled republicans that got elected on Koch bros. and NRA money, they don't care about anything accept the sound of their voices, "blah, blah, yuk, yuk".
I'm going to write a letter to our Att. Gen.(Democrat), suggesting some harsh, partisan push back, in the form of an extensive review of people on disability and people who get a prescription for Oxy. fucking with a hillbilly's guns is one thing, fucking with their check and their drugs is something else. muhaha!

(can I start a 'go fund me" page for moving an old guy to paradise, small town Vermont?)
I hear you. My wife has relatives in small town Missouri. They are racist, don't take my checks but take them "other people's" checks and the gummet is against me. Stars and bars flags are popular.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

gungun wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mis ... d?section=&

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Reuters) - Missouri lawmakers pushed through bills on Wednesday eliminating the need for permits to carry concealed weapons and requiring voters to show a photo identification before casting a ballot, overriding Democratic Governor Jay Nixon’s vetoes of the bills."
It's a bit upsetting that one fundamental right comes at the cost of another (the right to vote). Voter ID laws and gun control both "make sense" intuitively but in practice mostly end up hurting the disenfranchised. In the words of the ACLU, it's a solution in search of a problem. Personally I have not seen evidence of voter fraud (I guess I don't know what it would look like) other than stories of dead people voting for crooked politicians in Illinois.

However, I understand the appeal of such a law--it gives people greater confidence in the Democratic process. However, I can only see it working if registering to vote triggered the automatic creation of a generic government ID to your listed home address. If there's an issue with non-citizens voting, I'm not sure how to resolve that, but a non-citizen can also get a govt ID...

gungun wrote:if I wasn't so old and have so much crap to move (yes, I'm married and she has kayaks and a rug loom, 14 tons of related stuff), I'd move out of this redneck fuckzone and go to Vermont.
I am thinking strongly of leaving Kentucky and going to Vermont for pretty much the same reasons. Wanna go in on 10 acres together?
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

p0lyhuman wrote: It's a bit upsetting that one fundamental right comes at the cost of another (the right to vote). Voter ID laws and gun control both "make sense" intuitively but in practice mostly end up hurting the disenfranchised.
Would you consider it a denial of 2d Am. rights to require only a photo ID in order to purchase a firearm from a federal licensee?

I am thinking strongly of leaving Kentucky and going to Vermont for pretty much the same reasons. Wanna go in on 10 acres together?[/quote]

I'm sure we could come to some agreement as to where the targets and backdrop would go. if your interested, talk to the "bosslady" about a barn/studio(40x60?) for the swedish rug loom and related gear. do you "yak"?
hehehehe, the stuff dreams are made of......

gungun wrote:
Hiker wrote:I am thinking strongly of leaving Kentucky and going to Vermont for pretty much the same reasons. Wanna go in on 10 acres together?

I'm sure we could come to some agreement as to where the targets and backdrop would go. if your interested, talk to the "bosslady" about a barn/studio(40x60?) for the swedish rug loom and related gear. do you "yak"?
hehehehe, the stuff dreams are made of......
:| People are enamored of Vermont because Bernie made it his political home state, but you should be aware Vermont is not rife with gun laws and has constitutional carry, at least for now. I suppose you could work to impose a ban on it in concert with the state Democratic Party. :|
"We are The Liberal Gun Club, not the tolerant gun club...."

"I'm an expert."

"This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem." --Joe Rogan