Georgie Zimmturd Wins Again

(CNN)The man convicted of shooting at George Zimmerman in a road rage incident has been sentenced to 20 years in prison, Florida authorities said.
Lesson of the day: If you're crazy enough to shoot at George Zimmerman, don't miss.

If you silence Georgie (as he silenced Trayvon Martin), it will be your story to tell, and you will walk.

But if Zimmturd is still around to spin his tale, you will rot in prison.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Re: Georgie Zimmturd Wins Again

Boy, that guy is just a magnet for trouble... Surprised he's still out walking the streets. It's not like he has unlimited lawyer funds or anything like OJ...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

It might be time to let it go. The court said not guilty. His life has been drastically changed, and shows no signs of improving any. Why ruin your own life?
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

Yeah but I still agree with DougB. We are the ones that feel bad when we see people get away with murder. Literally. But how long should we focus on that injustice to the detriment of our spirit?

At some point we can stop whining that life is unfair and just concentrate on the hard work of making society better.

And anyway, the Buddhist have an interesting take on folks like Zimmerman. They call his actions evil but call the man immature. Because in Buddhism "evil" is simply defined as ignorance. Ignorance of the fact that his actions will only lead to suffering of others and himself. Truly, if Zimmerman had the foresight -as many rational people do- to imagine what could happen if he pulls a gun on an angry teenager on a Skittles & Big-gulp fueled sugar-high, do you think he would have done it? First-degree ignorance, right there.

But therein lies the beginning of compassion, another great topic of discussion for Buddhists. Because we all know what it feels like to be so angry that we want to take it out on someone else, usually a significant other or our children who we love. We can consider ourselves lucky to be more rational or be saved from such decisions as Zimmerman have made. Our own lives are far better than that of that poor soul largely because of a series of good personal decisions but also due to circumstance of birth, education, upbringing, etc that we really didn't have control over. So whats left is appreciation for our own lives which is coupled with compassion for those who struggle day to day with just not landing themselves in jail. Folks like Zimmerman, they are living a life of suffering already that we don't need to wish them more harm. Believe me, they did not get away with anything in their heads even though they are still walking free on the streets due to circumstance. Their minds are what makes them a magnet for trouble.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

on that note, i recall a story.
two buddhists monks come to a stream, where they meet a woman who wants to cross but is afraid. so the older monk carries her across, puts her down on the far bank, and they go on their way. further down the path, the younger monk berates the older one for touching the woman. the older replies "why are you still carrying her? i put her down back by the stream".
point is, karma's a beach, he'll get his, get on with your life.
but hillary cheating bernie out of the nom, that's unforgivable. :whistle:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Good point. But what to do about him then? Deal with him preemptively? I it really becomes a spiritual question doesn't it? -for each of us when dealing with the Zimmerman in our own lives.

Bisbee wrote:Good point. But what to do about him then? Deal with him preemptively? I it really becomes a spiritual question doesn't it? -for each of us when dealing with the Zimmerman in our own lives.
Not for an atheist. Life is unfair because humans make it so. That's how I see it. Bleak, but hell, so is history.
Magnited we stand.

AMD-65
Service Six
10/22
Bersa Thunder UCP 9
Mak-90 (RIP)

Bisbee wrote:Good point. But what to do about him then? Deal with him preemptively? I it really becomes a spiritual question doesn't it? -for each of us when dealing with the Zimmerman in our own lives.
One thing you can't do is just shoot him. It's against the law and someone tried that got caught and is going to prison for it. I also don't see how zimmerman won anything out of this sentencing, he won when the shooter missed him but he would have had to be the prosecuting attorney to have won this one. Best to just ignore the guy and his misadventures.

kilgoretrout wrote:
eelj wrote:One thing you can't do is just shoot him. It's against the law.
I shouldn't have suggested that, my bad.
I'm not sure if it matters to you but I've never had a problem with any of your posts. In fact I've felt you have held back when you should have spoken out more on race problems and interactions with the Milwaukee PD.