Re: Open Letter to Wayne La Pierre, NRA Executive V.P.

lurker wrote:poor guy is upset because wayne is cutting in on his profit margin.
More telling is that someone like Marty Hayes would go up against the NRA in this manner.

I dunno what exactly this means in the greater context.... but...wow... just wow...

...wow....

X
"We are all born mad. Some remain so." Waiting for Godot

"...as soon as there is language, generality has entered the scene..." Derrida

p0lyhuman wrote:The charge regarding the fact that all the carry guard instructors are exmil and have no civilian training experience or familiarity with use of force guidelines is the most damning.

No disrespect to those who served but I've had it up to here with veteran worship.
That is a very strong point Hayes drives home.

x

pokute wrote:The CMP has had it up to here with the NRA stepping on their toes at Camp Perry as well. Somebody needs to poke the black dots out of La-P's eyes with a sharp pencil. Oh, sorry, I guess that's advocating pencil violence... Did I faux pas?

And if La-P keeps adding padding to the shoulders of his jacket, pretty soon he's gonna look like...
The person in the picture has an excuse: born with a disability.
La Pierre has no excuse: he chose to be an asshole and slimeball.
The person the the picture is far a better and more beautiful human being than La Pierre.
I'll say no more.

The point is that LaPierre is more concerned about bringing money into the NRA than about supporting gun rights (and supporting other gun rights organizations). Now that people aren't concerned about feds going after their guns, the NRA must find alternative funding to keep paying Wayne's million dollar salary. People have begun to realize this.

The NRA has disinvited the USCCA, so it's only a matter of time before they kick out Hayes' ACLDN as well.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

I'm disappointed in Marty. I always thought he was a good guy when I knew him on the IPSC circuit in the way-backs. I'm not disappointed in the issues that he expresses here; these are valid concerns. I'm disappointed that he doesn't object to Wayne's batshit-crazy public statements, or his embrace of openly racist scumbags like Ted Nugent- not the only example but certainly the most high-profile. I'm disappointed that he doesn't object to Wayne stating that the NRAs membership would be Trumps 'brownshirts' to suppress dissent against the President- or for that matter endorsing Trump at all.

The NRA lost it's way years ago, but Marty and people like him only object now, when it looks like the corruption will impact their bottom line? Cry me a river, Princess.
"Aim for their foil beanies! It's the only way to be sure..."
https://tinkertalksguns.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/michael.t.pearce.7

TinkerPearce wrote:I'm disappointed in Marty. I always thought he was a good guy when I knew him on the IPSC circuit in the way-backs. I'm not disappointed in the issues that he expresses here; these are valid concerns. I'm disappointed that he doesn't object to Wayne's batshit-crazy public statements, or his embrace of openly racist scumbags like Ted Nugent- not the only example but certainly the most high-profile. I'm disappointed that he doesn't object to Wayne stating that the NRAs membership would be Trumps 'brownshirts' to suppress dissent against the President- or for that matter endorsing Trump at all.

The NRA lost it's way years ago, but Marty and people like him only object now, when it looks like the corruption will impact their bottom line? Cry me a river, Princess.
Bravo!

HuckleberryFun wrote:
pokute wrote:The CMP has had it up to here with the NRA stepping on their toes at Camp Perry as well. Somebody needs to poke the black dots out of La-P's eyes with a sharp pencil. Oh, sorry, I guess that's advocating pencil violence... Did I faux pas?

And if La-P keeps adding padding to the shoulders of his jacket, pretty soon he's gonna look like...
The person the the picture is far a better and more beautiful human being than La Pierre.
I'll say no more.
I considered that, but then I also considered that both are entertainers, made up to look the way they do for the purpose of being looked at. The pinhead in question, Pepper, is a character in a TV show, portrayed by actress Naomi Grossman:
Attachments
naomi-grossman.jpg

There are people to whom carrying a gun means you must train to fight or die, having a weapon means you must be as proficient as the military or law enforcement or you inevitably will be killed in action due to your non serious approach to the so serious subject. The NRA class looks designed to appeal to this mindset.

There are other folks that slack on the range time, never go though the left handed reload drill, have a hard time rolling under the car for cover, and think IPSC is a fun watch on Youtube. But they still carry, I'm in this group. However the thing I do review, memorize, rehearse mentally constantly is the legal limits and obligations of self defense gun use: what's legal, when is it legal, why it is legal, what I can do and say to make it legal. I my thinking, that makes me prepared to carry.

I think the second group is Hayes' point to La Douche.
When only cops have guns, it's called a police state.
I carry due to toxic masculinity.......just other people's.

pokute wrote:
HuckleberryFun wrote:

I'll say no more.
I considered that, but then I also considered that both are entertainers, made up to look the way they do for the purpose of being looked at. The pinhead in question, Pepper, is a character in a TV show, portrayed by actress Naomi Grossman:
I wasn't aware that the picture you posted was of a "comedic"(?) character.
I thought you were mocking people on the "short bus," but it was a pop-culture ref. OK
You miss out on so much when you kill cable. Peace be with you. ;)

Antiquus wrote:There are people to whom carrying a gun means you must train to fight or die, having a weapon means you must be as proficient as the military or law enforcement or you inevitably will be killed in action due to your non serious approach to the so serious subject. The NRA class looks designed to appeal to this mindset.

There are other folks that slack on the range time, never go though the left handed reload drill, have a hard time rolling under the car for cover, and think IPSC is a fun watch on Youtube. But they still carry, I'm in this group. However the thing I do review, memorize, rehearse mentally constantly is the legal limits and obligations of self defense gun use: what's legal, when is it legal, why it is legal, what I can do and say to make it legal. I my thinking, that makes me prepared to carry.

I think the second group is Hayes' point to La Douche.
Yes. Great observations. Thanks!

X