L.A. gangs allegedly stockpiling "untraceable 'ghost guns'"

L.A. gangs stockpile untraceable 'ghost guns' that members make themselves
But these AR-15-style semiautomatic rifles and pistols were different — homemade, untraceable “ghost guns” without the traditional serial numbers, built from parts purchased over the internet.

Authorities said they are seeing more gangs turn to homemade guns as it becomes more difficult to acquire real ones.

“Criminals are making their own weapons because they cannot buy them legally … or they are paying other people to make those guns for them to get around the gun laws,” said Bill McMullan, special agent in charge of ATF’s L.A. Field Division. “This is a trend among Southern California gangs.”

Re: L.A. gangs allegedly stockpiling "untraceable 'ghost guns'"

And don't worry, they'll do that no matter how tough gun control laws are!

Here in Russia, thugs managed to do their own Glock type guns with scrap steel... they were smoothbored and still used actual ammo stolen from military surplus, but still, they managed to do their own handguns. And if I'm not mistaken, Australian gangs use home made SMGs and Western European criminals use repurposed nail or blank guns.

Badger16 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:26 am And don't worry, they'll do that no matter how tough gun control laws are!

Here in Russia, thugs managed to do their own Glock type guns with scrap steel... they were smoothbored and still used actual ammo stolen from military surplus, but still, they managed to do their own handguns. And if I'm not mistaken, Australian gangs use home made SMGs and Western European criminals use repurposed nail or blank guns.
I can't help but think that if someone was making their own "steel parts" that running a rifling button down the barrel wouldn't be that much of an extra step.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40

Since when did criminals worry about where a gun has a serial number or not. As for the gangs they have been making zip guns for decades. This sounds more like BS from the ATF after the court ruling allowing the patterns to make the lower for the AR accessible on the internet. How many fangs have the machines and skill to make the 3D ghost guns? It’s just more propaganda just like in the 60s when the Black Panthers exercised their rights to open carry and all the White Reptilians went panicky over black people with guns. So Saint Ronnie gave California the Mulford Act. Then the Federal Firearms act of 1968 was to follow later.

I have a Marlin M1-99 22 LR carbine bought new in 1967 that has on serial number because Marlin didn’t need one on it when manufactured.
Is it a ghost gun?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

The article is jumping up and down over "ghost guns", but what else is in the pic of the ARs?

They are all AWs.

Most look like the barrels are under 16" so they are SBRs.

Most look like they are under the required 26" OAL.

In this State (as of 7-1-2018), homemade firearms have to be registered and assigned a serial # by the State.

Golly gee willikers Opie! Once those criminals decide they want a gun it seems they don't care about the myriad of laws for firearms in Caly-forn-i-ay. :roll: :crazy: