Cincinnati Bank Rampage “Arsenal”

This clip from an local ABC affiliate story about the bank shooting in Cincinnati calls the gunman’s 9mm Taurus PT 809 pistol, a few mags, and 200 rounds of ammo “an arsenal”. So ,what, is a handful of guns and a couple thousand rounds now a warehouse? Has it come to that? :roll:

To quote a great man, who is sorely missed....”words matter”.

Re: Cincinnati Bank Rampage “Arsenal”

HuckleberryFun wrote:This clip from an local ABC affiliate story about the bank shooting in Cincinnati calls the gunman’s 9mm Taurus PT 809 pistol, a few mags, and 200 rounds of ammo “an arsenal”. So ,what, is a handful of guns and a couple thousand rounds now a warehouse? Has it come to that? :roll:

It's called editorializing and being dramatic to push an agenda rather than simply reporting and doing so accurately. It is impossible to take infotainment outlets seriously.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

DispositionMatrix wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:14 pm
HuckleberryFun wrote:This clip from an local ABC affiliate story about the bank shooting in Cincinnati calls the gunman’s 9mm Taurus PT 809 pistol, a few mags, and 200 rounds of ammo “an arsenal”. So ,what, is a handful of guns and a couple thousand rounds now a warehouse? Has it come to that? :roll:

It's called editorializing and being dramatic to push an agenda rather than simply reporting and doing so accurately. It is impossible to take infotainment outlets seriously.
I don’t watch TV news anymore for just that reason.
Well, The Newshour on PBS once in a while when I feel like ‘slumming’.

Taurus PT 809 pistol, a few mags, and 200 rounds of ammo “an arsenal"?

In Florida, that might describe the contents of a glove box. In Texas, that might be called the contents of your mom's purse.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

HuckleberryFun wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:12 am This clip from an local ABC affiliate story about the bank shooting in Cincinnati calls the gunman’s 9mm Taurus PT 809 pistol, a few mags, and 200 rounds of ammo “an arsenal”. So ,what, is a handful of guns and a couple thousand rounds now a warehouse? Has it come to that? :roll:
A major military intervention.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Geez, that reminds me...I should probably buy a few thousand more .22LR and at least a thousand each of .357 and .429 projectiles and 9 x 19 cartridges, and put in some time loading for the revolvers. I hate going to the range with less than three times the ammo I could possibly shoot, and I like to feel news-worthy.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.