Re: Halloween costume build in progress.

SwampGrouch wrote:Something tells me this will be very nicely executed, and VERY creepy.

Oh, God willing, nobody I work with will need their laxatives that day if I pull this off correctly. I'm working with materials from Lowe's (tyvek suit, spray paint) and stuff laying around the house (posterboard. The hat is made out of wrapping paper). It'll be crafted well enough to serve as an effective backdrop for the main event, which is the mask. I took last year's model for a test drive the other day. I'm designing an improved product:
Photo1529.jpg
Here's some photoshopping just for fun:
sewer_400.jpg
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

judgepacker wrote:
SwampGrouch wrote:Something tells me this will be very nicely executed, and VERY creepy.

Oh, God willing, nobody I work with will need their laxatives that day if I pull this off correctly. I'm working with materials from Lowe's (tyvek suit, spray paint) and stuff laying around the house (posterboard. The hat is made out of wrapping paper). It'll be crafted well enough to serve as an effective backdrop for the main event, which is the mask. I took last year's model for a test drive the other day. I'm designing an improved product:
Photo1529.jpg
sewer_400.jpg
Ha. You look like a Juggalo.
Eat your peppers.

judgepacker wrote:Heh heh! The institute that I work at is hosting a Halloween costume contest. I guess they didn't get the memo that I'm the fuckin' King of Halloween. Suckers.
Photo1553.jpg
The diamond pattern has a long pedigree. But I expect you already knew that!

"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

inmediasres wrote:
judgepacker wrote:

Photo1529.jpg
sewer_400.jpg
Ha. You look like a Juggalo.

Booooo!!!! Hissssssss!!!!!!!!
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

I got a cheap Energizer LED headlamp that has a red mode which I call The Eye of Sauron, so I had to build a Halloween costume around it. It confuses the youngsters. The spearhead came on a crappy little plastic staff about a meter long, which I upgraded to a nice piece of bamboo from the garden store.

The skulls on the cape were originally 110 V plug-ins, but I modified them to run off a 10 AA NiMH pack carried in my pocket.

Here's a picture of my daughter and me about 4 years ago at a work-related party.

IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.