GREEN lubricants and cleaners

Has anyone tried Slip 2000? A good green solution to cleaning guns.

I have been using it off and one for a couple of years now and it works well, especially the "Carbon Cutter" product. For parts that you can soak nothing beats it.

The other nice thing about it are no fumes and you can reuse it after soaks. I typically don't use it for barrel cleaning, not that you can't, but I have a routine down with another product.

Re: GREEN lubricants and cleaners

I've been using Slip2000 EWL for a couple of years now, and I'm completely sold. Rust is no longer an issue with my firearms.

ETA: I also just got a tub of Frog Lube, but I haven't tried it on anything yet, since most of my guns have gotten the EWL treatment.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

AmirMortal wrote:I've been using Slip2000 EWL for a couple of years now, and I'm completely sold. Rust is no longer an issue with my firearms.

ETA: I also just got a tub of Frog Lube, but I haven't tried it on anything yet, since most of my guns have gotten the EWL treatment.
I haven't used it in cleaning the barrels. Do you find it effective for that. I would like to go 100% if I can. What is EWL?

It's short for Extreme Weapons Lubricant. It bonds to the metal, and prevents carbon and fowling from sticking to anything, and also REALLY prevents rust. The key though, is that it needs to be lightly heat treated to gain its full potential. Frog Lube is similar, except that FL is 100% plant based, and actually smells pleasant, instead of just neutral like most of the various CLPs.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

Been using FrogLube over a year and it is good. Turned a friend onto it and he uses it on his tools and saw blades to prevent rust and reduce friction.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

MeatShield wrote:I have been using coconut oil to lube firearms, knife blades and tools for many years. It works better than any other oil I have tried. It never gums up, never gets sticky. It is solid at room temp, so i do not have to reapply it as often. It's just really good stuff.
That sounds like a good way to make a range day smell a bit more delicious.

Another for Froglube. Recent convert, but I'm sold. Been using the gel version in the tube. At the shop I bought it from, they suggest the tub (the paste) for ARs, etc. The liquid version was good in general. I ended up with the gel version because it acts like the liquid version for cleaning (it liquefies) but it sticks pretty darn well as a lubricant. As a warning though... a little goes a looong way.
Proud member of the SCCY Brigade.

Just to throw a wrench in the works, Frog Lube we tried for 10 months. We are a major police agency.

1 year after starting it, we dumped it. When the weather turned cold, excess FL had gotten into the firing pin channels of our Sigs and froze up the works. We must have had 40 or more FTF's at the range.

I'm sure the stuff is great if used correctly. However, in our agency, we have a lot of people who don't know how to do that. Break Free is better for us because you just can't screw it up.

And I personally dislike the Ben Gay smell of FL. But, hey, that's just my two cents.