Re: 80% lowers: thoughts?

I figured out how to load an ar from a stripper clip without modifying the upper, opening the top or fully removing the mag. Pretty sure the solution will bolt on to any existing ar with a minimum of trouble.

Maybe I can build a model with the girls' lego sets....

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

ErikO wrote:
senorgrand wrote:Mine's still in the box...

Squirrel!
I've mounted a spare A2 grip. :lol:

I have so far managed to NOT just grab the Dremel and 'do my best'. Not a task for the weak to be sure.
I'm in the same boat, but I just ordered a dremel and i'm going to take baby steps this weekend. here's my inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxcSlOVeXlQ

a n00b question on these 80% and wiggling uppers: since i'm doing this the hard way and not the right way, i've wondered about the wisdom of drilling out the entire fire control packet. that is, why follow the form of the metal lowers if i can carefully sculpt the polymer to custom fit my upper? in particular, I'm wondering about the area between the rear takedown pin and the safety bar. is there any good reason why i couldn't leave a "bridge" of polymer there? While it might strengthen the lower in general, I'm mostly considering it as a method to get a nice snug "female" fit around the upper's "male" rear takedown pin tab. Thoughts?

tincankilla wrote:
ErikO wrote:
senorgrand wrote:Mine's still in the box...

Squirrel!
I've mounted a spare A2 grip. :lol:

I have so far managed to NOT just grab the Dremel and 'do my best'. Not a task for the weak to be sure.
I'm in the same boat, but I just ordered a dremel and i'm going to take baby steps this weekend. here's my inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxcSlOVeXlQ

a n00b question on these 80% and wiggling uppers: since i'm doing this the hard way and not the right way, i've wondered about the wisdom of drilling out the entire fire control packet. that is, why follow the form of the metal lowers if i can carefully sculpt the polymer to custom fit my upper? in particular, I'm wondering about the area between the rear takedown pin and the safety bar. is there any good reason why i couldn't leave a "bridge" of polymer there? While it might strengthen the lower in general, I'm mostly considering it as a method to get a nice snug "female" fit around the upper's "male" rear takedown pin tab. Thoughts?
The pocket between the takedown pin hole and the fire control pocket on mine is already cut away, but I see what you mean. I'd fit that part to your takedown tab on your upper as best you could but if you leave too much material at the bottom of that part your upper would not sit square to the lower.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.