gun fatalities/injuries by brand?

So I got to thinking....how does one research the numbers of shootings by firearm model/brand? I read somewhere after Mikhail Kalashnikov died that the AK series rifle was responsible for more deaths than any other modern firearm. It got me thinking about firearms in the hands of American civilians.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: gun fatalities/injuries by brand?

Simmer, you forgot rifles categorized by color...

I imagine that the information is collected when available...it may even be compiled somewhere and just not made available to the public w/o a foia request submitted.

Judge, you might be the first to ever ask that particular question... You're a published researcher....what better thing to do while watching paint dry!
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

whitey wrote:
rolandson wrote:.what better thing to do while watching paint dry!
Come down from his high, the man doesn't have a spray booth anymore.

Seriously, some parts of my brain have jumped back to life. It's a feeling I do not like. No, sir!
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Alright, here's a blurb from http://www.firearmsid.com. I bolded the text:
The FBI's Supplemental Homicide Reports show that in 1993 57% of all murders were committed with handguns, 3% with rifles, 5% with shotguns, and 5% with firearms where the type was unknown.
Ignore for the moment that the data is 21 years old (I haven't searched for more recent yet)....I'm a bit surprised at this > 50% point as handguns produce wide ranging results when employed against the living. I suppose it doesn't take into account attempted murders with a handgun?

Hmmmm.....I'll report back later. I have a snow day from work so I have time to dig (information and not snow).

Edit: should I consider criminal use or all shootings total? Somebody make a case either way.

How about this nugget? Bold is mine:
Of the 21 firearms that were unintentionally discharged in 2012, 13 (62%) were the officers’ service weapons, 6
were authorized off duty firearms (29%), and 2 were other firearms that were otherwise legally possessed (9%).
Revolvers accounted for 3 of the firearms (14%), and semi automatics accounted for 18 (86%). Of the 13 service
weapons involved, 4 (31%) were Glocks, 6 (46%) were Smith & Wessons, and 3 (23%) were Sig Sauers
Glocks accounted for the fewest unintentional discharges among police service weapons. I still wanna call it Glockleg. What kind of S&W do NY cops use? Anyone?