Range tools

I have a toolbox full of my firearms tools. It weighs about 15 lbs. I don't want to take it to the range with me.

But, sometimes you need to poke at your guns on the range.

What's in your essential range toolkit?

.22LR - .380ACP - 9mm - .38Spl/.357Mag - .45ACP - 5.56NATO - .308Win - .45-70Gov - 12Ga
Join!

Re: Range tools

Thought I had enough stuff crammed into my range bag, but maybe I should think about adding a small pair of vice grips. I've usually got the multitool (which failed at getting the damned bolt un-stuck), screwdriver, cleaning rod (pistol and rifle) and a set of allen wrenches. Can't account for everything I suppose, but will be interested to see what everybody else brings.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

A decent multi-tool with pliers, a set of Allen wrenches English and metric, knife, pen, sharpie marker, oil and one set of extra batteries for anything that takes batteries. I am thinking of adding a live chicken to sacrifice to the God of accuracy.
Shower together to save water.

ThirstyHersh wrote:A decent multi-tool with pliers, a set of Allen wrenches English and metric, knife, pen, sharpie marker, oil and one set of extra batteries for anything that takes batteries. I am thinking of adding a live chicken to sacrifice to the God of accuracy.
You'll need the blood of 2 virgins and your first born. Nothing else will do.
All problems can be solved with a copious amount of high explosives.

ATXOrangeandBlue wrote:
CDFingers wrote:When I'm going commando, it's minimalist at foam ear plugs, water, guns and ammo.

CDFingers
What do you bring if you are wearing underwear?
Don't need the ear plugs. So clean underwear prevents ear fungus.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I use a too-big range bag with all sorts of crap in it, including a multitool, couple of screwdrivers, allen wrench set, brushes lubricants, etc. Then some specialized tools depending on what I"m shooting, like the GI tool if I've got the M1 Garand.

So it's a big bag, but that leaves room for all my cool patches, with the LGC patch being the coolest of them all, of course!
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

A multi tool and a pouch of Allen wrenches and small screwdrivers, a couple patchworms (.22 and .17), spare ear and eye protection, a small first aid kit including quik-clot, a couple sand bags, a couple sunshades for scopes, a bipod, notebook, pen, and a knife. Still have room for plenty of ammo and magazines.

Guns+Ammo+Water+Hearing Protection+Glasses(Cannot forget those)=Fun
Old days was just Guns+Ammo+Glasses+Behind my House=Fun
I clean my gun when I get around to it. Never at the range.
Oh, and a place with a restroom.......
But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
Dalai Lama

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.

Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

LadyEBR wrote:Guns+Ammo+Water+Hearing Protection+Glasses(Cannot forget those)=Fun
I am lucky in that my range is usually deserted and it's in the woods so, if it's good enough for a wild bear... (No, not number 2.)

Bucolic wrote:
LadyEBR wrote:Guns+Ammo+Water+Hearing Protection+Glasses(Cannot forget those)=Fun
I am lucky in that my range is usually deserted and it's in the woods so, if it's good enough for a wild bear... (No, not number 2.)

I miss my childhood home......
But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
Dalai Lama

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.

Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Recently I've just been putting a baggie of ammo in one jacket pocket and earplugs and safety glasses in the other. I always have my giant Swiss army knife.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Mason wrote:Recently I've just been putting a baggie of ammo in one jacket pocket and earplugs and safety glasses in the other. I always have my giant Swiss army knife.
In all the time I have been shooting I have never needed a tool or a cleaner. Seems to me that if it does need that I would be better off doing it at home.
Lately, the last 30 years or so, since I got married and the spouse always cleans after I started doing that usually within a day or two.
Before it was ......meh and a patch down the barrel when I remembered.
Seems to me six of one half dozen of the other as far as surgical cleaning goes.

EXCEPT the cap and ball that is. Now you are talking a whole 'nother ballgame!
Bore batter/patches/percussion caps/extry nipples/nipple tool/extry powder/rods/cleaning rods/etc ad nauseam.....
Dalai Lama

Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Leatherman multitool, eyes and ear pro, bottle of water (because TEXAS), band-aids for the inevitable metal vs. cuticle shredding.

My regular range has a tool shed for anything that a multitool can't fix...like a rubber mallet for a stuck SBR charging handle. :whistle:
LGC Texas - Vice President