Re: Range tools

Son gave me one of these (an SPD Tool for Sig):

which, along with a leatherman and a compact cleaning kit

are all the tools I bother bringing along unless I am messing with moving sights around...which would involve a pusher and some torx keys.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Carry a plastic tool box in the truck that has a multi-tool like shown, with the light, some Otis cleaning wires and patches, allen wrenches, bore snakes, a small bottle of Hopes, push points for the rifle rod, Break Free, esoteric ammo I may have time to fire, extra scope mounts, silicon cloths, brushes, picks, blue locktite, stuff for targets, etc. Darn thing is heavy, but I do use it. I will run patches before I leave the range with Break Free - makes life much easier later.

Sometimes I admit I wish I carried less.

Depends on what I plan to shoot.

If I'm doing some .22 Bullseye practice, I'll carry my old Pachmayr range box with attached spotting scope. I'll usually throw in a screwdriver, oil, needle-nose pliers, Swiss army knife, a bore snake, small rod & jag, patches, solvent, and a mag loader. Total overkill. I may run the snake through a few times, but I rarely use anything but the scope and screwdriver -- to adjust the red-dot sight.

On days when I'm shooting a larger caliber pistol with iron sights, I travel lighter: Knife, oil, bore snake, loader, and maybe a small brass punch for drifting the rear sight if necessary. I don't plan to do any real repair work in a half-lit range cubicle.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Truth be told, because I carry a set of foam plugs in the car door pocket, there are times when I've hit the range with just a gun and bullets.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

As for tools,

Leatherman
Standard narrow slot screwdriver
Cleaning rod
patches
boresolvent
tri flow
brushes
bore snakes.
torx key for scope mounts

But the most important thing of all to put in my range bag:

ARE THE FUCKING KEYS TO MY GUN CASE!!!!!

oy vey, the stories....
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

You all will think me weird, but my guns are always clean when I go (almost always).

My kit is binoculars and ammo. I fire in five round groups. I don't want to keep retrieving my target to see how my shots landed, so I pull out the binos when the target is far down range.

I clean my guns when I get home, so they are ready for the range when I go the next time. In the 1500+ rounds I've put through my two Walthers, I've had one fail to feed when I was racking the slide from start and that may have been my not pulling the slide back far enough.