Re: This is why I'm a s--ty Minister of Swag

tincankilla wrote:not to spin you up on other ideas, but a theme related to the Headless Horseman would be cool. maybe the HEADSHOT Horseman?

That would be cool! But yes, I really, really, really NEED to stay away from my airbrush and anything without paint because I've been neglecting my official MOS duties.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

I had a set of Troy sights sitting around so I painted them to match the Pumpkin gun. I already have scopes on my other two rifles so I thought I'd spice things up. I'll be using this for the Ruger Rimfire challenge. Plus I'm going up north in a few weeks so I'd better bring a bunch of .22lr
front sight.jpg
rear sight.jpg
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

ErikO wrote:Still more productive than your predecessor. ;)

:thumbup:
Heh! Funny that you're here....remember that AR upper you sent me with the dark earth foregrip? Here comes a tale of pain. Pull up a chair!

I painted that foregrip black to match the upper. And recently I ordered another foregrip for the Pumpkin rifle. I figured I could paint it to match the bipod (which is a base color that I mixed). But then I figured, 'Hey, why not stick the new black on on the AR and simply repaint the one that I already painted since I won't have to sandblast it again?' So I yank it off the AR, give it a light sanding, mix my basecoat, and paint.

What's the punchline? My base color is ALMOST exactly the original dark earth color of the first foregrip. Fuck me to tears! I'm consoling myself with the knowledge that I'd still be able to tell that it wasn't an exact match but seriously, how do I get into these fixes?