1911 Trigger job

Reading about Dcramer64's cool 1911 build project in Handguns section and just having handled a used Springfield 1911 with an aftermarket trigger job at a LGS, my plain-jane blued Colt 1991A1 trigger is feeling like it's asking for some loving attention. The MIM sear and disconnector that Colt makes for this pistol is rumored to be quite good quality so I am not interested in dumping it in favor of dropping in a Wilson kit. More to the point I like to keep the looks (and parts) as original as possible and actually have some fun polishing the trigger system.

Has anyone polished a sear/hammer for their 1911(s) or used a Sear Jig for polishing the sear's engagement surface to the correct angle?

Does anyone know what the correct length to keep the sear for safe operation (or even how to measure the length)?

Does anyone have a Sear Jig I might be able to rent or purchase?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: 1911 Trigger job

Yup, that's a good one.

I've gotten the info on how to do the sear/hammer engagement polish from watching a few vids and reading the 1911 forum as a non-registered lurker, finally ended up sitting on the fence about plunking down the $50 for the Ed Brown jigamabopper.

Boy a fence is an uncomfortable place to sit for long periods...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi