Hammer pivot pin S&W K-22 1947

I'd post a few pics, but I'm a bit picture challenged at the moment. From a book I have it shows two basic types of hammer pivot pins for Smith & Wesson revolvers. One type is screwed in and the other pushed in. The revolver in question has a pin with serrated edge which in the book indicates a screwed in type. It looks like it may not be fully seated. I'm wondering if I should try to tighten it? I replaced the previous hammer which I suspect was not original but a later mode with a more period correct one. The previous hammer had shown signs of rubbing at opposite sides top and bottom. The pin may be slightly off somehow. Perhaps bent or not seated straight. The bottom quadrant to the right seems high as indicated by the wear on the serrated edge. Thoughts?

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
IMG_2816.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2814.JPG

Re: Hammer pivot pin S&W K-22 1947

SailDesign wrote:Have you asked on the S&W Forums?

smith-wessonforum.com
Yes. Someone said it should have been a push type, but it doesn't match the pic in the book for that type. When I pointed that out he said he didn't know. So I'm a bit at a loss what to do with it. I can't figure out how to address any issues if I'm not sure how it's installed. You can't find those parts easily either so I'd rather not break it.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

SailDesign wrote:
sikacz wrote:It's a fun shooter as is.
Yup! nice.

I love my little 48-7 for the same reasons. Although it's a 22WMR so a little more expensive to shoot. :)
This was purely driven by how much I enjoyed shooting my wife's K-38. Might need another for myself later.

Marlene wrote:Take a look in to the use of hammer shims. If you have room for a pair, they'd be an excellent addition. You have to measure to see if they will fit.
I got some from Power Custom. I'll check how many it needs after I figure out what to do with this issue. I might see about a picture to show what's going on. Basically, on the frame side it appears to rub on the bottom and the gap increases to the top. On the cover side, the gap is larger at the bottom and rubs at the top. I might just put it back together and take a pic. Putting the shims would work nicely if the alignment was better. I'm sure some tinkering has been done on this gun in the past 70 years. I'm going to adjust what I can. I'll take some measurements.

Here's the hammer that came with it. I don't believe it was original, but it may have been on the gun for fifty to sixty years. Looking at the first picture the wear area is noticeable even though I did touch it up a bit. The second picture shows a ding in the area.

Attachments
IMG_2841.JPG
IMG_2842.JPG