need to make a part.

couple of months ago i was cleaning my PIC.25 (also known as a Gecado, there's a thread here somewhere) when the part that holds the slide on the frame disappeared, never to be seen again. it got put aside but now i'm getting back to it. i am unable to find a replacement part at the usual vendors, so i'm going to try to make one.
so here's the problem:
pic.JPG
part A is the firing pin
part B is the firing pin spring
part C the red rectangle is the slide retainer, the part i wish to make
part D is the slide retainer hook. that's its' shadow just to the left, below the red rectangle.

the slide retainer has to be able to move rearward in the firing pin slot under pressure from the spring, to engage the notch in the retainer hook, or disengage when pressed forward into the slide.

my plan is to get a bit of steel rod, drill a hole in the front end to cup the back end of the spring, cut a slot across the back end to fit over the retainer hook, drill a hole across the slot and solder or epoxy in a steel pin to engage the hook.
i have the dimensions, measured on my shoddy little case length dial caliper. i have a drill press.
fpsd.JPG
any advice? any of you pros want to do this for me? i'd happily make it worth your while.
fpsl.JPG
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Re: need to make a part.

Marlene wrote:Make me a dimensioned drawing. A better pair of calipers for that diameter number would be good. A photo or drawing (parts diagram?) of the original part would help a lot.
i will do so, thankyou.
even if this isn't something you want to do, it helps me to think about it. the only picture i've seen (numrich, i think) isn't the exact same part as i recall it.
i'll go see if harbor freight or autozone has better calipers after the sun rises.

Re: need to make a part.

thank you all (both) very much, now that i know it's a model 11, i'm seeing the gun all over the net, and have found and ordered the part, for slightly over half what i paid for the pistol.
Your order # is: 100003073.
https://www.schludershots.com/gecado-mo ... dQnHNEpDIU
and for an additional $9.99, i have a lovely on-sale HF electronic caliper, allegedly accurate to 0.001" or 0.03 mm, which i will keep and hope would have been good enough. who knows, maybe i'll lose another part? i'll update when the part comes in. anyway, thanks very much, again!

ooh, clicking the link it said "out of stock", guess i got the last one, that was close!