How can I change the caliber on a Beretta CX4 Storm???

A friend of mine has a CX4 Storm in 40 cal. I have been lusting after the 9mm version. We were talking today and I go a brainstorm. Would it be possible to change the caliber from 40 to 10mm. And could I change a 9mm to 38 super. I think in each case it would produce a great PCC.

So what about it, is it possible?? And how would it be done??? Thanks
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: How can I change the caliber on a Beretta CX4 Storm???

I don't think so either. I don't know if the magazine well has the same dimensions as the 9mm for which there are, I think, 3 versions (92fs, Px4, and I think one other). The barrel is different, of course, and the whole extractor mechanism probably at best, need to be replaced. You may want to check with Beretta. Alternatively, consider trading the .40 in on a 9mm, or just finding one for the best price, probably around $600-$650.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

My intention on this is to take a wonderful PCC and bump the caliber slightly. Going from 40 cal to 10 mm would/should increase range and give you a little more punch. The same with 9mm to 38 super.

My hope is that since there is only a slight change in the size of 40 to 10mm; or 9 to 38 super, that you might just have to reshape the chamber slightly and everything would work.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hiker wrote:My intention on this is to take a wonderful PCC and bump the caliber slightly. Going from 40 cal to 10 mm would/should increase range and give you a little more punch. The same with 9mm to 38 super.

My hope is that since there is only a slight change in the size of 40 to 10mm; or 9 to 38 super, that you might just have to reshape the chamber slightly and everything would work.
I think you would have a problem with magazines due to the increased cartridge length. The increased power might lead to premature failure or a kaboom, also being blowback operated you would need stronger recoil springs and a heavier bolt to prevent damage to the gun. Would the ejection port even be big enough for the longer cases?

I got spoiled with my CX4 because a friend of mine who reloads keeps me fed with some really nice, downloaded 9mm for Steel Challenge. I'd forgotten that my CX4 had any recoil at all until I found myself using factory ammo a while back. Does 10mm have more recoil than 9mm typically?
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

KlownKannon wrote:Does 10mm have more recoil than 9mm typically?
I have never shot a 10mm so I can't say. I have heard people refer to 10mm as a 40 magnum. Since the casing is longer then it could hold more powder.