The Winners of Postal Match No. 1

The Winners of Postal Match No.1

Rimfire Division

First Place: Leitmotiv scored 406 with a Ruger Mark III Target Model

Second Place: Fukshot scored 400 with a Smith & Wesson .22/.32 Heavy Duty Target Model

Centerfire Division

First place: Fukshot scored 404 with a Smith & Wesson Model 60

Second Place: fknauss scored 368 with a Ruger GP100. (He also shot 392 with a CZ75 PO1, but he honorably submitted the lower score after asking to reshoot the match with a revolver.)

The Prize

The great judgepacker is even now finishing the third of three truly unique (!) prize designs. Our plan is to present the three to the admins for review and then to the members for a vote. We hope to place the chosen design either on the winners' signature lines or below their avatars as permanent (and greatly coveted) indicators of their excellence.

Match Report

The good news is that the shooting was excellent.

Several hundred members either downloaded the "attached" match instructions or used the Android-available posting.

The less than thrilling news is that only a small fraction of that number submitted official entries.

If anyone has thoughts about how to increase member participation, please either PM me or post your ideas on this thread.

Reminder:The second postal match directions are now available in both the General Discussion and Marksmanship forums.

Go out and shoot that match. Challenge yourself. Have fun,

Last edited by Paco on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Re: The Winners of Postal Match No. 1

Yeah, this should be fun. I finally ordered some ivory vellum paper (no elephants were harmed in the manufacturing process) to print the targets on. Considering it's been a month and a half since I've made it to the range, I'll need a warm up round or two myself.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I like all these ideas.

FB mentions would be a great help. Anyone with an FB account is encouraged to become a p.r. agent for these matches.

And, absolutely, you are welcome to use the most colorful pasters or stickers you can find.

We're not exactly at Camp Perry shooting against the Army Marksmanship Unit. Have fun!
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

gator68 wrote:I'd love to see a list of scores. It would be interesting to see where the rest of us fall. And knowing that I was 10/20 this time but 8/20 next time would be good feedback. :)
(You can see I'm an optimist!)
Yeah me too. I"d like to see how close I got to the bottom of the list.

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22