The Mad Minute -- A Preview of Postal Match 10

Postal Match 10, to be officially announced soon, will be a "Mad Minute" for all LGC musketeers.

It will include divisions for Milsurp, bolt-action sporting rifles, and AR type rifles. (We'll include a lever and pump action division if anyone asks for it. Post that request on this thread.)

Here are links to two videos that will help you wrap your brains around what's coming. The vids feature Lee Enfield rifles at 200-300 yards. (The mad minute, although not officially known by that name, was a British Army training drill used before and during WWI. The minimum passing score was 15 hits on a 12" target at 300 yards in 60 seconds.)

Never fear. We will be much nicer about distance and relative target size -- and of course we'll include other rifles -- but the concept is the same. Take a look.

The second video features an interesting, specialized technique.

When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Re: The Mad Minute -- A Preview of Postal Match 10

TheViking wrote:...nah, I think I know a few details about this match... 5 round max for milsurps for us that don't have an Enfield? But stripper clips allowed?
Exactly right about the five-round limit.

Hard to imagine a real mad minute without stripper clips or the equivalent. Without them, the shooters would spend half the minute just loading.

But that's just my opinion. I'm still putting it together -- and always open to suggestions.

I have a lever-action .357, which holds something like 13 rounds in .38 brass. I've been procrastinating about getting a taller front sight, but I may be able to get on target with the right ammo and the original sight.

Put me down as a "definite maybe" if there is a lever-action, iron sight division that allows handgun calibers (like an AR recoils worse than a .38 :tongue: ). If the gun, ammo and targets all make it to the range in time, I'll try to shoot the format regardless.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Bucolic wrote:I am gonna sit this one out. My only option would possibly be my CZ 453 if there is a rimfire class but I don't have enough magazines.

I'll spend the time practicing for the bullseye matches.
If I can get the SpeeDLoader to work, and if I can bribe my range to let me do something like that, I may be in - otherwise I'll wait for video.... :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Buck13 wrote:I have a lever-action .357, which holds something like 13 rounds in .38 brass. I've been procrastinating about getting a taller front sight, but I may be able to get on target with the right ammo and the original sight.

Put me down as a "definite maybe" if there is a lever-action, iron sight division that allows handgun calibers (like an AR recoils worse than a .38 :tongue: ). If the gun, ammo and targets all make it to the range in time, I'll try to shoot the format regardless.
Yes, lever and pump action centerfire rifles will be eligible --- with some special rules. Announcement tomorrow.

I'm still considering rimfire -- bolt, pump, and lever actions. If they're in they'll have their own division.

What to do? What to do? Coin toss tonight. :rolleyes:

Frogger wrote:Just ordered four stripper clips! Yay! :yahoo:

That should give me a potential of 25 (26?) rounds...

How would sporting bolt actions work? I have a savage 30-06 but no stripper clips...

Looking forward to this shoot! :thumbup:
Without stripper clips, detachable mags, or something comparable, the match would be difficult, to say the least.

If you have clips for 26 rounds, you'll be in good shape, assuming you shoot fast slowly. In fact, anyone who fires 25 well-aimed rounds will be in great shape.