Timer app for phone?

Hey folks, I know this has to exist somewhere but I haven't had any luck finding exactly what I'm after..

I have electronic ear muffs with an input jack for a phone or mp3 player, etc

What I hope exists is a timer app for matches. Something I start up and gives me a "shooter ready!" Or somesuch.. and then a start beep.. then a beep at the end of a set time.

I see lots of shot timers - but of course that's worthless in a firing line with dozens of other people.

Anyone have one they like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Brian in StL

Re: Timer app for phone?

I put the SureFire Shot Timer app on my phone. It's working OK for me. Haven't tried anything else to compare it to.

I don't think it has a "shooter ready" warning. I set the start delay to 7 seconds and try to count that down in my head after I push the start button while I set up my stance. I'm NOT very reliable in anticipating the start tone!
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

I have been using the "Sport Shooting Training" app on my phone. You can program your own sequence and times and it works well for matches etc. I have also been using the "Shooters Diary" app for keeping track or range trips and matches. It has scoring built in as well as the ability to take photos of your targets.

Good luck!
Frogger

Member of the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Liberal Gun Club
---

senorgrand wrote:what ear muffs are you all using to jack into your phones? I'm intrigued!
I wear muffs over plugs, and I just stuff one of the earphones from my phone inside the muff as close to the plug as possible. Lowtech, but it works. I can hear the tones fine through the earplug.

The wire leading under the muff may let in a little extra noise, but can't be as bad as the frames of my glasses.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.