Winner -- 14 Bucolic, CZ453, .17HMR
Runner Up -- 11 Frogger, Winchester Model 69, .22lr

Semi-Auto/Iron
Winner -- 32 Inquisitor, Marlin Papoose Model 72P
Runner Up -- 18 Nigel, Winchester Model 74

Semi-Auto/Glass
Winner -- 60 Bucolic, Kidd 10/22

Match Report

The LGC’s Mad Minute created great excitement – 2,000+ views and almost 200 comments. The discussion was excellent. But the “turnout” was by far the lowest for any match since the current series began. It was, in fact, less than 1/3rd of our low-normal entry rate and 1/5th of our better attended matches.

The wet weather across the country almost certainly played a part. So did the time of year because of work pressure.

The Mad Minute is a helluva lot harder to do -- even to do badly -- than most people think before they try it. Some members may have attempted it and been too disappointed by the results to submit entries. Others weren’t able to assemble the right gear in time.

We’ll probably run another Mad Minute this year – in conjunction with something else – and hope the turnout is higher. Those members who did shoot it say that the experience was enjoyable and worthwhile.

To conclude, here’s a congratulatory listing of the nine intrepid members who participated in this difficult match.

Match 10 Honor Roll
TheViking, Buck13, Simmer down, Frogger, CDFingers, Inquisitor, Elmo, Bucolic, Nigel
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Re: MAD MINUTE (POSTAL MATCH 10) WINNERS & REPORT

Wow - now I feel like a show-off :-/

I did do this exact thing for a really long time over in Denmark, though. Civilian competitions with bolt actions (had a K98k-based target rifle) and A LOT of shooting with M-16 and M-4 rifles in the military. So you could say I have a bit of a head start...

FWIW, while I did get 24 rounds off in the Milsurp Division, I had 23 hits...

Bucolic wrote:Thanks, Paco, for a really challenging match. It was indeed a lot of fun. A little stressful during the sixty seconds but very satisfying, and a bit sobering, in retrospect.

I think a factor in the low turnout may have been limits on fast fire at many ranges.
Totally agree. Forgot to mention that limiting factor.

Bucolic wrote:Thanks, Paco, for a really challenging match. It was indeed a lot of fun. A little stressful during the sixty seconds but very satisfying, and a bit sobering, in retrospect.

I think a factor in the low turnout may have been limits on fast fire at many ranges.
That last sentence.... My only 50 yard range is VERY strict about it, being a public range with military-style RSO-ing. The 25-yard indoors would have allowed it - with notice - either before public hours, or after - but I would have had to pay overtime for the RSO.

I loved the idea, but it wasn't going to happen this time. Working on it for the next... :D
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SailDesign wrote:

That last sentence.... My only 50 yard range is VERY strict about it, being a public range with military-style RSO-ing. The 25-yard indoors would have allowed it - with notice - either before public hours, or after - but I would have had to pay overtime for the RSO.

I loved the idea, but it wasn't going to happen this time. Working on it for the next... :D
I had hoped that wouldn't be such a major problem. If we do the match again, I'll add a division for those shooting at ranges with strict limits on rate of fire.

Bucolic wrote:
CDFingers wrote:This was fun. Yes: sobering. Next time I might go with the old Marlin .22 bolt gun. Cheaper.

CDFingers
I don't think I would shoot the semi auto division again but I would do the rimfire bolt action for sure, but I need to practice mag changes with my CZ.
I have one ten round magazine for the CZ. I've timed myself and it's possible I could start a second magazine but wouldn't get far. I'll have to see about the limit on mag size for bolt action for the next one. Was it five? By the way y'all are awesome!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Congratulations to the entrants and winners! :yahoo:

There's some impressive shooting there for 60 seconds. I recently got my first .22lr rifle and joined a closer range but couldn't put it all together in time for the match. :( I'm glad another one is planned.

My new range is friendly to rapid fire. This weekend is also their annual machine gun shoot, featuring a couple of Ma Deuce and everything from .22 to 20mm. :thumbup: Dig it: https://www.arpc.info/sbmgs/
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

It was a fun shoot! Definitely want to do it again! :laugh:

The scope was a blessing and a liability as it slowed me down quite a bit... I got 11 shots (no misses...) with my scoped Winchester Model 69 but with my K-31 (iron sights) I got off 15 shots but only had 11 hits and four misses... I also had a sore shoulder! :lol: Reloading with the stripper clips was also a bit challenging! :hmmm:

Need to work more on accuracy and speed with these bolt actions! :yes:
Frogger

Member of the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Liberal Gun Club
---