POSTAL MATCH 13 -- WABBIT CHALLENGE

LGC Postal Match 13 (The Wabbit Challenge) is for .22 rifles and pistols.

The shooting positions are Standing or Seated (unsupported).

The match begins July 13th and ends at midnight on the evening of September 11th.

Link to all the Match Details.

LGC Postal Match 13 Wabbit Challenge.pdf
(207.04 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Link for Full-Size Wabbit Target
LGC FULLSizeWabbit (Go).pdf
(528.47 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

Link for 1/3 size Wabbit Target
LGCTHIRDsizeWabbit Target.pdf
(552.37 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
You may have to fiddle with your printer settings a tad to get a good target copy. Don't worry if any unnecessary wabbit parts are cut off. Concentrate on getting the majority of the scoring areas on paper.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Re: POSTAL MATCH 13 -- WABBIT CHALLENGE

nigel wrote:I'm having trouble downloading the targets
Yes, I just retested it and the links seem to have broken.

So I've added a new topic titled Match 13 Target Links. I've also added two target links up above.

Try with one of those. Hope they work for you.

SailDesign wrote:
Bucolic wrote:I have no .22 rifles with iron sights. Are red dots okay? Scopes?

I assume this should be shot standing or sitting, unsupported. Is that correct?

Thanks!
If you're benching one of your laser-beams, then you can use the 1/3 size at full distance, bucko! :)
:roflmao:
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote:
SailDesign wrote:

Thanks!
If you're benching one of your laser-beams, then you can use the 1/3 size at full distance, bucko! :)
:roflmao:
D'Oh! (I may just try that, just for fun...)

Thanks!
Yes, you can use red dots or scopes.

And, yes, the positions are standing or sitting (unsupported). Thanks for bringing that up. I somehow managed to leave it out of the final match details.

I'll add it to the announcement post above.

BTW: Are the target links working for everyone now?

I'm doing this right by Joel's wife... Gonna borrow an old bolt-gun with iron sights and a looooong barrel to point at the rabbit. Do it sitting down with my elbows on my knees. Gonna break out the good stuff: CCI's... Wabbits won't stand a chance!
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Oh, BTW credit must be given to Enoughgun.com, an Aussie Gun Forum that provided the basic target we are using for this challenge. Interesting site with a good knowledge base, worth checking out for what else is happening in the world with our sport.

Thank you: http://enoughgun.com/forum/
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Merle wrote:I just want to confirm that I can shoot both distances - guess I'm a glutton for range time. :drunklep:

Thanks for an interesting challenge!!!
Absolutely. As always, you can enter every category and division.

And thanks again to Bisbee for his great help finding the targets and doing the work to make them available for download here.

Paco wrote:
Merle wrote:I just want to confirm that I can shoot both distances - guess I'm a glutton for range time. :drunklep:

Thanks for an interesting challenge!!!
Absolutely. As always, you can enter every category and division.

And thanks again to Bisbee for his great help finding the targets and doing the work to make them available for download here.

OK, thanks. :thumbup:
Merle from PA

SailDesign wrote:

Thanks!
I shot the match this morning with one of my Kidd 10/22s - the one the Klown painted in memory of my departed pet turkey, Boyd. I did okay. Not spectacular.

I brought one of the small targets in case I could not get on the rifle range and would have to shoot it in the pistol bay. Since no one else was there, I shot the match offhand with the full size target at 50 yards. Just for fun, I mounted a bipod and shot the small target at 50 yards off a rickety bench. I did not have my rear bag so the results do not represent the best that the rifle can do. At fifty yards, it was darned hard to see the 10 ring.

Anyway, THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY; it is just for fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bucolic wrote:
SailDesign wrote:

Thanks!
I shot the match this morning with one of my Kidd 10/22s - the one the Klown painted in memory of my departed pet turkey, Boyd. I did okay. Not spectacular.

I brought one of the small targets in case I could not get on the rifle range and would have to shoot it in the pistol bay. Since no one else was there, I shot the match offhand with the full size target at 50 yards. Just for fun, I mounted a bipod and shot the small target at 50 yards off a rickety bench. I did not have my rear bag so the results do not represent the best that the rifle can do. At fifty yards, it was darned hard to see the 10 ring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
OK, so it may not be up to your usual, but you killed the hell out of those wabbits nonetheless. ;)

Nice shooting. :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Dang, Bucolic, was that a 10/22 with open sights or through glass? You shot those itty-bitty rabbits at 50 yards supported? Dang impressive!

Bucolic wrote:
SailDesign wrote:

Thanks!

Sweet!!
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

dpfeifer wrote:May I... reduce the full size target to 50% and shoot it at 25 yards?
Yes. That's a good idea. Be as accurate as possible with the reduction and please indicate the distance and reduction on the score you submit.

I only ask for that info because I want to compare the full-size target and reduced-size target scoring patterns.