Re: LGC POSTAL MATCH 14 -- The Compact Challenge

Bacchus wrote:Ooo, a Beretta Bobcat would be cool. I'd like one of those, too. I feel a shopping trip coming on... because LGC Postal Match. :yahoo:

If you were closer, I'd let you borrow my Kahr P380. Or Glock G26. Or the Ruger SP 101 (.357 w/ 3" barrel)

This is going to be a fun match! :)
Agreed on the fun.

Thanks for the thought but I can shoot this either with my RAMI or CCP. Probably the latter. I shoot it better than the CZ. I just don't have a short barreled rimfire handgun.

Buck13 wrote:It occurs to me that loaners or rentals at the meeting this weekend might save some of us more than a few bux.
:beer2:
I'll bring some shorties as well, BUT the range does not allow rapid fire. :( For rentals, contact The English Pit in advance of Saturday; Yes, they do have rentals but they DO NOT keep them at the range. So arrangements need to be made in advance. http://englishpit.com/index.shtml
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

TheViking wrote:
Buck13 wrote:
stl303 wrote: what, nothing in the 40watt phase plasma range? I'm disappointed in you.
I never imagined that to be a pocket gun. He's saving it for the anti-tank rifle postal match.
We all have these, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_anti-tank_rifle
Actually I used my Taurus Model 85 Titanium .38. Was all out of .380 so no 007. Went pretty well :)
Great. I don't know why I even bother! :laugh:

My semi-nearby indoor range has rentals and seems to be OK with rapid fire. At least, a buddy did an impressively speedy drill with something like 10 shots out of three magazines there once, and I don't remember any wrist-slapping from the RSO. Maybe I should visit them before my annual membership expires again.

How do you like the TCP? I find them a bit ugly, but OTOH they are one of the few pocket guns I've seriously considered buying.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote:
How do you like the TCP? I find them a bit ugly, but OTOH they are one of the few pocket guns I've seriously considered buying.
It's awesome! It's reliable, the trigger is damn good for a DAO pocket gun and it's tiny yet has an actual slide release unlike most tiny guns. It's also locked breech so the slide is relatively easy to pull back compared to a straight blowback.

It's quite snappy, though - which is to be expected considering the weight. IIRC it's 15-something ounces with a full mag.

Edit: Just weighed it, 12.4 oz with 6+1 90 grain Hydrashoks in it.

Was so conflicted as to which pistol to use... The SR22 has the shorter barrel at 3.5", but the sights are adjustable, and I have recently tweaked them. Didn't seem fair.

The Beretta has a 3.75" barrel, but the combat sights are skew-whiff (see sight picture below) and closer to the type of gun that would have been used, I reckoned.

Sight picture - you have to place the foresight's dot right on the target (no silly 6 o'clock hold or anything - the target is obscured, of course!) with the firesight itself just kissing the left side of the notch. It's tough to "just kiss" it as it tends to overshoot, but you get used to it eventually. :)

All in all, a VERY enjoyable morning, with the RSO's heckling from behind between strings.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.
Attachments
Beretta Sightsl.jpg

Paco wrote:
Buck13 wrote:After loading about 550 revolver rounds since Friday, I think I'll look for a .22LR for this project. Would it be cheating to get an SR22? That would cover the sub-4" AND threaded barrel niches that I currently have unfilled.
Sounds good!
Yup - that was one of my choices. Mine adores MiniMags, but will shoot accurately enough with Federal AutoMatch bulk stuff, too. Break it in with MiniMags if you can, and they have enough oomph top cycle the action before it smooths out a bit.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SailDesign wrote:
Bucolic wrote:Paco can correct me if I am wrong but I think you should not scale it when you print it. Instead, the the whole target should fit on one 8.5x11 sheet.
That's how I shot it. There is a question earlier that kind of answers this...
Yeah, I didn't scale it and it all fit on the paper just fine. Might be border settings that need to be changed.