Re: Getting into Bullseye?

For fun, you can try the LGC Bullseye Matches that our very own Paco, a true mensch, administers. Look at the Competition and Marksmanship sub-forum for details and links to downloadable targets. The current match closes in a week or so.

Also, while you are on the sub forum, check out the postal matches. Lots of fun!

Bucolic wrote:For fun, you can try the LGC Bullseye Matches that our very own Paco, a true mensch, administers. Look at the Competition and Marksmanship sub-forum for details and links to downloadable targets. The current match closes in a week or so.

Also, while you are on the sub forum, check out the postal matches. Lots of fun!
The deadline is 10/31 for this round, just checked. Made me nervous there

It's tons of fun and we do both actual scores and handicap scores that are based on personal improvement so everyone has a chance regardless of experience :)

TheViking wrote:
Bucolic wrote:For fun, you can try the LGC Bullseye Matches that our very own Paco, a true mensch, administers. Look at the Competition and Marksmanship sub-forum for details and links to downloadable targets. The current match closes in a week or so.

It's tons of fun and we do both actual scores and handicap scores that are based on personal improvement so everyone has a chance regardless of experience :)
I'm ahead of the game, having loaded a box of .45LC already. Hope to get to the range this week.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote:
TheViking wrote:

I'm ahead of the game, having loaded a box of .45LC already. Hope to get to the range this week.

CDFingers
I think I have enough .38 loaded, may go Tuesday when I'm off work.

Bucolic wrote:Sorry about the false alarm on the closing date for the next match. I have already shot it and was working from an obviously imperfect memory.
:beer2:

FWIW, personally I think it's worth it buying packs of the B-2 and B-3 targets vs. printing them. You get much cleaner holes, less tear when pulling off staples and we're using the same two targets every Bullseye Match unlike the regular Postals. They're pretty decently priced on Amazon.

Merle wrote:Just keep in mind that the rules here are somewhat "relaxed" and not quite in accordance with NRA sanctioned matches. Still plenty good practice, though! :welcome:
Even with relaxed rules, you guys shoot circles around me. But fun it is, and practice.

I'm really thankful for Paco for coordinating these matches.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I've got a small stack of B2 and B3 targets left over from previous practice sessions.
My two bullseye pistols are a Smith & Wesson model 41 and a Bob Chow custom 1911 that does double duty for both centerfire and .45. I'm looking for a S&W K38 Target Masterpiece to round out the set.

I was going to league practice sessions at the Portland Rifle and Pistol Club as a guest.
Then I was asked to join the club. At the interview all was going well and I figured I was in until they asked a question that revealed that I am a (gasp!) homosexual. The temperature in the room immediately dropped 10 degrees. I guess the crusty old guys couldn't wrap their heads around the idea of a gun-lovin' pistol packin' gay guy who doesn't swish or lisp (not that there is anything wrong with that!). Liberals who like guns? What??? Ah well, too bad, but now I can come here and claim refugee status.

HuckleberryFun wrote:I've got a small stack of B2 and B3 targets left over from previous practice sessions.
My two bullseye pistols are a Smith & Wesson model 41 and a Bob Chow custom 1911 that does double duty for both centerfire and .45. I'm looking for a S&W K38 Target Masterpiece to round out the set.

I was going to league practice sessions at the Portland Rifle and Pistol Club as a guest.
Then I was asked to join the club. At the interview all was going well and I figured I was in until they asked a question that revealed that I am a (gasp!) homosexual. The temperature in the room immediately dropped 10 degrees. I guess the crusty old guys couldn't wrap their heads around the idea of a gun-lovin' pistol packin' gay guy who doesn't swish or lisp (not that there is anything wrong with that!). Liberals who like guns? What??? Ah well, too bad, but now I can come here and claim refugee status.

For the centerfire I'm using guns that don't get much range time otherwise. Of course that doesn't help my scores, but oh well, I'm still getting to the range!

Sorry to hear that you got excluded from that club, but if that is their mentality I'm betting you are better off.
Merle from PA

Marlene wrote:A gay guy with a Bob Chow gun? That's the most San Francisco thing I've ever heard of. When did you move to Portland?
I've lived in Portland since 2002. Before that I was in Tennesee for two years (culture shock!) and Santa Cruz for 9 years. I got the Bob Chow here in Portland, though.
It's a beauty, especially with all the glitter and disco ball attachment. :yahoo: