Intermediate Holster Training

I'm excited! One Wednesday in January will be a lucky day off for me and a holster training class. I saw the instructor today and he said just to call any time and we'll set it up. Sealed the deal when he greeted me like an old friend. I enjoy defensive shooting and of course should be as good as I can get in order to be responsible as a concealed carrier.

I think I'm more excited about it than I should be, but getting to step away from the designated indoor lanes and learn to shoot from the hip, kneeling, left handed, and generally drawing from my holster with live ammo, I can't wait!
-Kat
Illinois Chapter President
LGC Certified Instructor, Intro to Pistol and Range Safety

Re: Intermediate Holster Training

Training happened, and I want more! It was so much fun!

Ran out of time and didn't shoot steel, though. But - looks like there may be two different kinds of leagues to pick from, if I can figure out how to swing a league day once a month.

And this range apparently does allow holster drawing once you've completed the training we did yesterday - with conditions like the RO at the time needs to be on board and I think also depending on how busy? I forget the criteria, I was so surprised that a certificate was part of it and that it expanded privileges and took in so much other information I don't remember the details. Will know when we pick up the certs - will be there again this coming Monday.

And everybody's been drooling over my new gun! Was at a new-to-me gun store Monday and had to take it out of the case so they could order more mags for me (imported, harder to find, not the usual poly defense popular). One guy took a look at it and said, " [grunt] someone really likes guns..." Ha! :yes: :clap2: :clap: :cool:

Only regret is we were so busy gunning that we didn't take any video - would've liked a 10sec vid of me drawing and emptying a magazine at a moving target...
-Kat
Illinois Chapter President
LGC Certified Instructor, Intro to Pistol and Range Safety