LGC BULLSEYE MATCH 10 UNDERWAY

After a brief interval, LGC Bullseye Match 10 is now underway.

It begins today, March 19th, and it ends at 6pm on Monday, May 8th.

We've allowed extra time to make up for bad weather, political depression, and taxes.

A link to all the details is below.

If you already have a copy of the rules, details, and targets, you're set. The details (except for the deadline) are the same for all Bullseye matches.
LGC Bullseye Club 10 go.pdf
(249.13 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Re: LGC BULLSEYE MATCH 10 UNDERWAY

SailDesign wrote:
Bucolic wrote:Do what I do. Shoot one with iron sights and the other with glass.
HHmmm.... I may have to do that. It's just that my eyes suck with irons these days. :(
Just do your best. Or use one of those aperture thingies everyone is talking about!

Either way, you're sure to win your share of the prize money.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Bucolic wrote:
SailDesign wrote:Shot - scored - sent. Since I'm shooting the Mk IV Target, glass division, not the SR22 open-sights, I think my handicap needs to be reset to zero. :)

Fun. :mrgreen:
Does that mean you kicked our asses?
Not unless you did REALLY badly.... :)

I sighted the beast in carefully at 15 yards - rested briefly, then went into the slow-fire section and was amazed to see the group centred more than an inch to the left. The B3 targets were centred just fine, but a flyer in the 6-ring ruined my #2 target (although I was glad to HAVE a 6-ring) and the #3 target would have been all in the black except for a bit of vertical stringing (self-inflicted, I'm sure) that threw two into the 8-ring - one above, one below. :)

Huge fun after nearly a year off, though.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

I was able to run out and shoot this match today. Shot 35 rounds: 5 warm up and 30. I started to think about this behind what an "ideal Bullseye range trip" might look like. Then I thought about what's a hand gun for anyway? Yes, challenging one's skills. The zen of shooting. Yes. Good things. And getting a six inch group of ten with a single action revolver at 15 yards shooting about once every four seconds, sort of cold shooting. Got an X there.

So, this new grip I've adapted has pluses and minuses. The pic is upside down, so you see I pull low and right. Two things at work there. Easily I can adapt to this new grip and get them centered. That's a matter of the actual grip and the trigger pull. But the low ones are recoil anticipation. I get a little abrasion inside my thumb from the frame, which is just a bit too un-rounded at this one place, so I get this abrasion. I just may go in there with my fine Japanese water stone and round that area off. I like the sight picture of this new grip. I like the feel. But the anticipation of the abrasion, yes, is a mind thing, but actually is unnecessary. So I may stone it. Doesn't break the skin, just bruises it some how, mashes the meat there just a bit. Maybe rounding. Prolly void my warranty. Maybe "wear from use." Yeah, that's the ticket.

It's upside down now.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Maybe some of us remember that I play games with my reloads--safe games, folks, where I make 50 then shoot the match of 30, with some used up for warm up and so on, then I store the remainder. Zo, I was in the gun closet on another mission and saw this. Ha! Five for warm up and 30 for the NEXT match.

Maybe to motivate folks to get out to the range. I am not yet embarrassed enough to stop shooting this match, so gimme some more company on this tread, eh?

:ugeek:

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack