First Bullseye 2700 Match

I went to my first 2700 match today. The host range has a dedicated Bullseye range with hydraulic targets...snazzy! I shot my Smith Model 41 using Norma Match 22 ammo. I shot my Smith Model 14-3 revolver for the Centerfire portion using 158gr Federal. I shot my Bob Chow Colt 1911 for the .45 portion using 200gr SWC reloads at 770fps. There was also .22 & .45 EIC and Distinguished Revolver (though the DR Match got nixed due to not enough people signed up...damn, I was ready). This was my first time shooting 50 yards at a match and damn, it's hard! Shooting a pistol offhand at 50 yards is harder than shooting a rifle at 600 yards. I won't tell you my embarrassingly sucky scores, but it was much fun. I'll be back.

Re: First Bullseye 2700 Match

Marlene wrote:Congrats!

Yeah. 50 is hard. My eyes don't like it one bit.
My eyes were fine, surprisingly. I could see the targets just fine. It's my wobble that's the problem. I had the chance to look through another shooter's optic and I liked how easy it made it to line things up....if only that little dot would stop dancing all over the place. :crazy:

I plan to go from irons to optics once I settle down, until then I don't see much benefit.

Re: First Bullseye 2700 Match

A lighter gun can be a lifesaver. I can't hold my M41 up long enough to shoot it one handed. The H&R 199's (6") and S&W 18 and 19 in 4" both work fine. A Colt Woodsman should be awesome with the right grip - There were some possibles shot with the 4-1/2" Woodsman back in the golden age. I hope to join the Bullseye club in Fall.