WINNERS OF BULLSEYE MATCH 15

Here are the results for Match 15. Congratulations to all the winners, thanks to all the participants, and apologies to any of you whose scores were lost when I temporarily took over the administration of the match. Also, sorry it took me so long to get the results back to you.

To those of you who have not tried these matches, please consider giving Match 16 a shot (or thirty). I will be posting the details later this week. I can say personally that practicing and shooting these matches have measurably improved my shooting. They are lots of fun and a good way to monitor your progress as you become a better marksman.

RIMFIRE

Iron Division

Winner
263 MaxWyatt, Ruger Mk II Target

Runners Up
258 Buck13, Ruger Mk II Target
252 STL303, Colt Woodsman Match Target

Honorable Mention
SailDesign
Eris
Danhue
CDFingers

Glass Division

Winner
271 SailDesign, Ruger MkIV Target

Runner Up
268 Leitmotiv, Ruger Mk III Target

Honorable Mention
Bucolic
STL303

CENTERFIRE

Iron Division

Winner
222 Buck13, S&W 19-3

Runner Up
220 MaxWyatt, CZ 75B Omega

Honorable Mention
CDFingers
STL303
SailDesign
Last edited by Bucolic on Mon May 28, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: WINNERS OF BULLSEYE MATCH 15

MaxWyatt wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:51 pm
Buck13 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:43 pm Thanks for scoring that. Man, you know participation is in the basement if I won one. :(
I resemble that statement. :whistle:

Well, I guess I better go practice. :D
Me, too!! And practice will be centrefire this round. Maybe the 76 year-old Sauer I was using isn't up to it. So it's the 126-year-old Husqvarna or the 99 year-old Colt.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

CDFingers wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:42 am
Bucolic wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:50 am Maybe we need a special class for “oldies,” old guns and/or old shooters.
. Maybe Old Folks with Old Guns?
Nah, just keep it simple..

CDFingers
Yup. Otherwise we'd have to get into design age and stuff. I just need to learn to shoot my range toys accurately. And that's 90% of the fun. :)

Heh. I could use the 102-year-old Colt PPS .32-20 I inherited. Rapid fire stage would be brutal, though. It has the heaviest trigger of any revolver I can remember firing. However, I've never fired an 1895 Nagant. :crazy:

Just say manufactured pre-1946. If someone wants to be a ringer with a nice, old S&W Outdoorsman, I don't mind being cheated out of my entry fees. :smart:

OTOH, if my incoming new magazine fixes my "new" High Standard's feeding problem, I'll be looking to shoot Rimfire Glass as well as the two existing iron sight classes. I can't promise that I'd find time to shoot a fourth match, too.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:38 am Heh. I could use the 102-year-old Colt PPS .32-20 I inherited. Rapid fire stage would be brutal, though. It has the heaviest trigger of any revolver I can remember firing. However, I've never fired an 1895 Nagant. :crazy:

Just say manufactured pre-1946. If someone wants to be a ringer with a nice, old S&W Outdoorsman, I don't mind being cheated out of my entry fees. :smart:

OTOH, if my incoming new magazine fixes my "new" High Standard's feeding problem, I'll be looking to shoot Rimfire Glass as well as the two existing iron sight classes. I can't promise that I'd find time to shoot a fourth match, too.
Here's a question based on the bolded part above... What is the difference between your .32-20 PPS, and my .32 New Police (32 S&W Long) reg'lar Police Positive? Mine has a 2.5" barrel, so probably not going to used in bullseye, but I always wondered what made the "specials", well... special.

I will happily accept "Not a clue" as an answer. :D

The PPS has a longer cylinder and frame than the PP to accommodate the longer cartridges. Do an image search for <colt police positive> and the difference is quite obvious. The PP must be just big enough for the .32 Long

The Lyman manual says the COAL for the .32-20 is 0.312" longer than the .32 Long. That's a funny coincidence, since it's also the bullet diameter.

Buck13 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm The PPS has a longer cylinder and frame than the PP to accommodate the longer cartridges. Do an image search for <colt police positive> and the difference is quite obvious. The PP must be just big enough for the .32 Long

The Lyman manual says the COAL for the .32-20 is 0.312" longer than the .32 Long. That's a funny coincidence, since it's also the bullet diameter.
Thanks! Hadn't noticed that one. And Yes, the 32 S&W Long just fits. Colt's "New Police" had a flatter nose than the S&W, but they do fit without hitting anything.

Buck13 wrote:I think we should just do the Olds class once. Maybe with a deadline of September 21? That gives us ALL summer to find the time.
Won't matter for me. The oldest gun I have at this time is a Marlin 782 from 1975. Second oldest is an A&A double barrel Spanish shotgun from...1979 ish? At least that's when it was given to me...

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Buck13 wrote:I think we should just do the Olds class once. Maybe with a deadline of September 21? That gives us ALL summer to find the time.
I was sorta kidding when I first mentioned it but, thinking about it, one oldies match may be fun. Maybe with a twist. Ideas welcome, or we can just scrap the idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bucolic wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:56 pm
I was sorta kidding when I first mentioned it but, thinking about it, one oldies match may be fun. Maybe with a twist. Ideas welcome, or we can just scrap the idea.

All of my oldies have groove and post sights - nothing adjustable or "accurate" by today's standards (all are military or police issue). Maybe that gives us two divisions, Adjustable sights and fixed/combat sights.

SailDesign wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:02 pm
Bucolic wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:56 pm

All of my oldies have groove and post sights - nothing adjustable or "accurate" by today's standards (all are military or police issue). Maybe that gives us two divisions, Adjustable sights and fixed/combat sights.
I like the general idea of adding postal matches of various kinds- keeps things fresh. :) One-handed, weak hand division? I dunno. Puts more burden on Bucolic, because it's work. No worries about something not working out- not every noodle sticks to the wall....

Way to go to the winning group and congratulations to all entrants! :yahoo: Sure is fun to see this league have legs. :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bucolic wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:06 pm The workload isnt too bad. After all, I’m retired and have nothing but time on my hands. Let’s proceed with Match 16 as planned and then think about another specialty match following that maybe with a short turnaround time. I like the idea of a weak hand match.
If you specify "Left Hand", I'm in!! :mrgreen:

I would shoot a wrong-handed match. Rimfire, centerfire, or both? I would say don't make the deadline too quick, since this would be my lowest priority, and the summer is already cluttered with impositions on my schedule.

Sweet Chaos, the rapid-fire stage is going to be horrible! I am FAR from ambidextrous. Unless I put the stock grips back on my MkII, which I don't really like, I'd have to shoot with my revolvers. I'm not at all sure I can aim and fire DA with my left hand. I hate to think I'd get a 0/50, but 6/50 wouldn't surprise me.