Re: LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH 16 UNDERWAY

Bucolic wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:54 am Nice clean pistol, Sail. How do you like the Volquartsen lower? I’ve been thinking about one.
Thanks.

I like the lower - my only beef is/was that I spent way too much time trying to get the barrel to overhang the lower at the rear - and it doesn't. And shouldn't.

If you loosen the screw holding the lipped block in place, and dry-fit slowly, you can feel the tongue slip past the edge of the upper, then slide forward - and the read ends are perfectly aligned when it bottoms out.

But I had fun walloping it with a mallet before I figured that out... :D

I'll probably take out on of the shims under that block just to see if it still assembles with no issue, but it feels tight now.

Oh - trigger is SU-FREAKIN-PERBLY light and crisp. They claim 2.25 lbs max, and I'll believe it. Will check mine next time I dive into the safe.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SailDesign wrote:
Bucolic wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:16 am Speaking of summer matches as we were in another thread, there seems to be interest in a one-handed match. I am thinking about how we might set up a simple match without too many sub-classes. In the interest of keeping it simple, how about this:

Run it like the Bullseye matches but eliminate the distinction between iron and glass sights and reduce the distance to ten yards for reasons of morale (I know that I for one would have trouble staying on paper from 15 yards with my weak hand). Separate classes for rimfire and centerfire and for strong and weak hands. One-handed grip only. That would leave us four classes with easy participation in two classes for each shooter/pistol combination.

Rimfire strong hand, and rimfire weak hand,
Centerfire strong hand, and centerfire weak hand.

Comments please. Also, we need a name for this Postal Match. Anyone?
Fun!!

You could call it "Even-handed Justice." :)
I Love it!! We have a name!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MaxWyatt wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:46 pm
Bacchus wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:11 pm Game on!! Thank you for picking up this up for Paco- it is very appreciated. I look forward to redeeming myself by making sure that I get my scores in for this one. I need to put that red dot on my MK III for this one. :)
Just be careful not to over-practice. I'm trying to catch up to your scores. :D
Ha! :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bucolic wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:16 am Speaking of summer matches as we were in another thread, there seems to be interest in a one-handed match. I am thinking about how we might set up a simple match without too many sub-classes. In the interest of keeping it simple, how about this:

Run it like the Bullseye matches but eliminate the distinction between iron and glass sights and reduce the distance to ten yards for reasons of morale (I know that I for one would have trouble staying on paper from 15 yards with my weak hand). Separate classes for rimfire and centerfire and for strong and weak hands. One-handed grip only. That would leave us four classes with easy participation in two classes for each shooter/pistol combination.

Comments please. Also, we need a name for this Postal Match. Anyone?
Love it! I think Sail is on to something with that name, too. I like. Let's get it on! :D
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:55 pm
MaxWyatt wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:46 pm
Bacchus wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:11 pm Game on!! Thank you for picking up this up for Paco- it is very appreciated. I look forward to redeeming myself by making sure that I get my scores in for this one. I need to put that red dot on my MK III for this one. :)
Just be careful not to over-practice. I'm trying to catch up to your scores. :D
Ha! :)

Practice? Practice? I doan need no steenking practice.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Run it like the Bullseye matches but eliminate the distinction between iron and glass sights and reduce the distance to ten yards for reasons of morale (I know that I for one would have trouble staying on paper from 15 yards with my weak hand).
My preferred range has fixed target holders at 7 yards, 50 feet and 25 yards. I could go to the indoor range to shoot at 10 yards, but shooting inside a concrete box during the few reliably rain-free weeks of the year is a bit sad. Maybe shoot the B-2 and B-3 targets at 7 yards but printed at 70% scale? Or 65% scale to offset the advantage of the target getting smaller but the bullet staying the same diameter?

I'm also happy to stay at the usual distance and have scores plummet. I've shot my Redhawk weak-handed a couple of times, and IIRC *some* of the shots hit the target. I'm only afraid they might approach zero in the rapid fire stage if I fail to get another centerfire auto in time. I'm really not sure I can shoot DA revolver effectively with my weak hand. (I put both my 10 mm autos in consignment a few weeks ago, so I'm back to only revolvers for CF until I get that Glock 34 I'm dreaming of.)
Separate classes for rimfire and centerfire and for strong and weak hands. One-handed grip only. That would leave us four classes with easy participation in two classes for each shooter/pistol combination.

Match 16 is still on with a two-handed grip, right?
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH 16 UNDERWAY

I just got back from shooting a prototype one-handed match, hereafter known as “Even-Handed Justice.” (Shout out to SailDesign for the snappy name.)

Basically, I shot the three strings of 10 rounds identically to the Bullseye matches except that I shot from 10 yards, not 15. Interestingly and no doubt coincidentally, I pretty similar scores with each hand. I shot the match after practicing with my weak, left, hand. I learned that I shot much better on that side if I used my left, non-dominant eye.

It was fun. Doing it at ten yards keep most of my shots within the rings of the target. Only two or three fell outside the scoring rings and none missed the paper. It would have been much worse at 15 yards.

I did notice that my left arm got tired and the amplitude of the jitter increased with time and I doubt I could have shot a decent fourth string without taking a break.

I think we should make this official. I’ll announce it over the weekend with a closing date circa Labor Day.

For the record, I shot the match with my Mk III 22/45 with Vortex red dot and CCI Standard Velocity .22 LR ammunition. This is my go-to pistol and ammo for the Bullseye matches.

NuJudge wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:47 pm I'm confused about the distances you want targets shot at. I'm familiar with US pistol matches shot with full sized targets at 25 and 50 yards, and with reduced size targets at 50 feet. From the Rules, this match uses B2 and B3 targets drawn for use at 50 feet, but at 15 yards (45 feet)?

CDD
Not everyone has access to a 50 foot range. The two ranges I use both have 15 yard targets, but neither has 50 foot targets.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed