How bad is this

Ok so 4th time at range with the G2c shooting rem aluminum casing 115gr. I kinda get a decent group after the first few rounds but im thinking this is aweful. Im trying all the pro grip techniques and stances. Nothing works.

5 yards 2 mags color circles = 8"

20180716_160833.jpg
Last edited by Bardo on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: How bad is this

Although I hate to suggest this, as it is anathema - have you tried it in a rest to see what it is capable of without (or with very little) input from you? Or given it to someone else to try?

I'm fighting a centrefire revolver "issue" right now, where it walks to the right after a few shots. Like 12" at 7 yards. :( I let the RO try it, and he was having no issues. It's me.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

It could be all kinds of things, and most likely it is a combination of multiple things. While I am far from an expert, statistically I would guess it is your fault and not the fault of the gun or the ammo.
In my own experience, I took a "marksmanship enhancement" class. Several of us claimed our sights were off. The instructor told us to all load one round. The he came by each station and took each gun and shot a bullseye. Since I was one of the people that said my sights were off, it was a very humbling experience!
As that class went on, the instructor watched me carefully. The gun I was using was a Kahr TP9. It has a slim and narrow grip, and I have long hands. He said for this gun only to use the pad of the second bone of the trigger finger. I did it, and my grouping was instantly cut in half!
So consider getting some private tutoring from someone very experienced. It worked for me. Good luck and keep practicing.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

After a few shots, it may be that you've developed the habit to anticipate recoil. Also, after some rounds, your grip may change.

I got rid of my anticipation with a revolver, load one, skip one, load two, then don't look and spin the cylinder before you close. Then shoot. You don't know when it's on an empty chamber, so you can see if you anticipate. I'm working on my grip now, and I think for me it is a matter of concentration on small muscle groups to get them to do what I want when I want it.

I like it.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Outliers often happen first. I shot 224 rounds today and was looking at the signage on the wall for stance and shot placement circle diagrams. I.e. pushing, anticipating recoil, etc. None of it seemed to pattern out enough. I often used one target per mag hoping to see a pattern. If any its a low left bias but generally still all over.

Its the same at 7-15 yards. 2/3 always group well enough with 1/3 going WTF

Dry fire.

Sight alignment and trigger should be all of your attention. Be no more than vaguely aware of the target being more or less directly in front of you. Keep the sights aligned and add pressure to the trigger. When the sights go out of alignment stop adding but don’t reduce pressure. When sight alignment is correct again, add more pressure to the trigger. Eventually the gun goes off.

This goes the same with or without ammo. With ammo, ignore the noise and recoil as much as you can.

Do this a LOT.

It's not the gun. Nor the ammo...
Pero si, is no so good señor.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Mag is stock. I agree 100% its me. I cant get training in the mean time so how should i practice until then? Stay at 3 yards until im hitting a 2" group? Only then move out? Ive been all over in my sessions randomly picking distances.

Btw the alu ammo is 200 for $34 kinda dont want to back to brass....

1. You are shooting a small gun. If you can, start with a full size gun, they are much easier to handle.

2. Assuming that you understand sight alignment ("Equal height, equal light"), it looks like you are the moving sights when you break the the shot. Try this: Tape a piece of paper to the wall at shoulder height. Stick a pencil into the barrel of an unloaded gun, rack the slide. Put the pencil against the paper, get the sight picture, and pull the trigger straight back. Do this until you consistently only have a dot from the pencil.

3. The foundation of accurate pistol shooting is your grip. Based on your double tap target, I think this is something you need to work on, but it's hard to tell without a video of you shooting. This is a decent video that explains grip with sufficient detail:

As previously stated, test it's accuracy in a rest. Practice more with a 22rf of similar design. Concentrate ONLY on the front sight. Target, and rear sight notch should be a blur.
Bud.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure"---- Dan Quayle, 1990.

senorgrand wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:39 am Nice work Spara.

Agree with was said. I would also change to a grip/mag that allows all fingers on the grip. Hard enough to shoot a small gun, but to do it like the Americans THINK the brits drink tea is a lot to ask of a new shooter.
Fixed it for ya. :D
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Assuming you are going for defensive use handgun skill, I will suggest the '3x5 card to fail' drill.

Your first target is a pair of 3x5 index cards taped together on their long edge and then taped to a contracting color of 8.5x11 paper with any lines facing the backing paper. Put that target at 5 yards and shoot at it five times with at least a full second between shots while focusing only on getting your sights back on target. Replace the target after each set and keep that cadence until all five hits are on/near the join between the cards. Repeat with a slightly faster cadence, six rounds at two shots every second until same result. Then repeat at the same distance with only one card. After two cards with all hits in an area you find acceptable, start over with the two card target at the slower cadence at 7 yards. Rinse and repeat moving to 10 yards. Keep going until you run out of ammo, are too tired to keep going or the range closes.

What this should accomplish is an improvement of your technique of reacquiring the target quickly after each shot without the pressure of trying to get 'good groups'. In defensive shooting, all hits count and not stopping until the threat is gone is most important.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.