Results from the First Even-Handed Justice Match

Results from Even-Handed Justice Match - September 5, 2018

Summary: I think the match was a success. We had nine participants, three fewer than the number that shot the last Bullseye Match. Of the nine, six shot all four classes, and one shot three classes. There were many positive albeit guarded comments about the match, mostly along the lines of "this was fun but it is a real challenge." Several asked for another one-handed match which we might do in the fall if interest merits it.

I could produce a lot of statistics with the results but I will refrain from that except for a grand total of those who shot the four classes. But first, the class results:

Rimfire Strong Hand

Winner: Leitmotiv with a smokin hot 291
First Runner Up: Bacchus 276
Honorable Mention to a bunch in the 250s and 260s:
SailDesign 267
Bucolic 266 (dammit, Sail...)
MaxWyatt 260
Danhue 259
NuJudge 250

Rimfire Weak Hand

Winner: Bacchus 256
Runner Up: Bucolic 254 (dammit Bacchus)
Honorable Mention: SailDesign 251

Centerfire Strong Hand

Winner: Bacchus 283
Runners Up: Buck13 234, MaxWyatt 232, Danhue 230 - too close to differentiate
Honorable Mention: SailDesign, Bucolic, Merle

Centerfire Weak Hand

Winner: Buck13 237
Runner Up: Bacchus 226 (Ahem...)
Honorable Mention: Bucolic, Danhue, Merle, MaxWyatt - for having the guts to shoot this class

Aggregate Four-Class Score - Drumroll, please...

Winner: Bacchus - 1041
First Runner Up - Bucolic - 915
Second Runner Up - Buck13 - 901

Honorable Mention: Danhue, Merle, MaxWyatt

Congratulations to all the winners and special kudos to Bacchus for leaving the rest of us in the dust. Let me know if you want me to run this match again.

Yours in cordite,
Bucolic

Re: Results from the First Even-Handed Justice Match

Bucolic wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:59 am Congratulations to all the winners and special kudos to Bacchus for leaving the rest of us in the dust. Let me know if you want me to run this match again.
I would shoot this again. Always willing to buy my way to the front if it's not TOO expensive, I might even cough up for a left-handed Volthane or other asymmetrical grip for the "new" little MkII. I blame my shitty scores in rimfire on the flat grip panels. :no:
Yours in cordite,
:lol:
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Bucolic wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:31 pm
Merle wrote:
Bucolic wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:37 am It sounds like the people have spoken and another one-handed match will be in our future. Maybe in a month or so, before winter kicks in.

Will it be the same rules? :beer2:
Not cast in stone. Suggestions for changes are welcome. Anyone?

I was pretty happy with them "as was" - but I just kind of wonder what the popular opinion is concerning separating iron vs optical sights. :beer2:
Merle from PA

Merle wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:12 pm
Bucolic wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:31 pm
Merle wrote:
Bucolic wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:37 am It sounds like the people have spoken and another one-handed match will be in our future. Maybe in a month or so, before winter kicks in.

Will it be the same rules? :beer2:
Not cast in stone. Suggestions for changes are welcome. Anyone?

I was pretty happy with them "as was" - but I just kind of wonder what the popular opinion is concerning separating iron vs optical sights. :beer2:
If my amount of wobble was typical, I'd wager optical sights are near useless. :)

But that might be just me.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Bucolic wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:26 am I think that since we typically have fewer than a dozen shooters, it’s probably not a good idea to slice and dice the classes any more by segregating by optic.
Agreed. I like the rules the way they are. Part of me would like to check out the results at 15 yards (pbbffft!) but I can do that on my own. 10 yards seems reasonable. I don't think optics at that range confer any benefit, either.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six