Would you participate in live LGC Bullseye Pistol matches?

Yes, I already shoot “real” Bullseye, or I’d really like to if matches were held near me.
Total votes: 8 (80%)
No, not interested or able.
Total votes: 2 (20%)
Total votes: 10

A “Real” LGC Bullseye League?

How many of us shoot “real” Bullseye Pistol at the standard distances of 25/50 yards for Outdoor and 50 feet for Indoor?
Some people in our Oregon Chapter have expressed interest in trying out “real” Bullseye (one handed, full distance)
As a part of our Range Day for June I’m incorporating an Introduction to Bullseye lesson followed by a 25 yard only match.
(Holding off on 50 yards...no need to humble new shooter *too* much) ;)
I’d love to get a real league started with people shooting together at the range to compliment our longstanding postal league.
Or perhaps revise the current postal league rules to make the distance 50’ and require a standard one handed hold?
NRA Precision Pistol should be taken away from the NRA since they don’t do much to support it anyway (Bullseye shooters grumble often about this). If I get enough people to form a Bullseye Team I’ll keep this at the state chapter level for a while to work out the kinks, but maybe other chapters might be interested in starting up a Bullseye program of some sort and we can coordinate.

With live scored matches we could issue our own classification cards with the idea that the requirements for each classification are exactly the same as the NRA requirements. So, if you are an LGC Sharpshooter or Expert you should be able to walk into any group of NRA Sharpshooters or Experts and compete against them on an equal footing.

Any interest in a live (not postal) LGC Indoor/Outdoor Bullseye league?

Re: A “Real” LGC Bullseye League?

I recently joined an indoor bullseye league. We shoot 2 300-points match relays at 50 feet, once a week. I don't believe there are enough LGC members near me to start a formal league, but I'd also participate in postal matches, even though the even-handed justice match kind of fills that niche too. Shooting one-handed is very challenging, especially in a live-match environment. It really helps with becoming a better shooter too. I stopped shooting two-handed for several months, and when I resumed for the last BE match, I noticed a huge improvement in my scores.

senorgrand wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:41 pm 50 yards? Damn, I would be lucky to hit paper...
It’s challenging, for sure. You *think* you’re a good shot until you try to be consistently in the black at 50 yards and you realize otherwise. It’s why I love it: the precision, dedication, and mental discipline. It’s the most mental and “zen” of the shooting sports. But it carries over....when I took up IDPA I laughed to myself how ridiculously close and easy those huge targets are.
8-)

Of course I checked "if there were one near me" knowing there never would be one. This county has about 220K people, two of whom are liberal gun owners. So for me it's online, though I will raptly read tales from the matches in the more populous areas.

Agree: shooting one handed is the one, true path. :ugeek:

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

MaxWyatt wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:17 pm I'm definitely interested, but the two hour drive to PDX would limit the number of events I could participate in. Hopefully there would be some casual instruction aimed at improving technique. No doubt half my problem is that I'm doing it wrong. :-)
At least come to our Range Day: Introduction to Bullseye event at the TCGC Conventional Range on Sunday, June 9th.
There will be a brief presentation and informal instruction. Practice session then a Match (@25 yards) to follow.

HuckleberryFun wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:52 pm
MaxWyatt wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:17 pm I'm definitely interested, but the two hour drive to PDX would limit the number of events I could participate in. Hopefully there would be some casual instruction aimed at improving technique. No doubt half my problem is that I'm doing it wrong. :-)
At least come to our Range Day: Introduction to Bullseye event at the TCGC Conventional Range on Sunday, June 9th.
There will be a brief presentation and informal instruction. Practice session then a Match (@25 yards) to follow.
Count me in! Max can hitch a ride with me. :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

pdxirishgoodbye wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:41 pm I’m interested in learning how and joining. Plus I really need a good reason to buy a .22. Any suggestions? I was looking at Ruger MK IV, but there are so many options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Rugers are pretty spiffy (I have two), but you can't go wrong with a Buckmark or S&W Victory either. FWIW, Ruger MKii/iii pistols are a bit of a pain to clean. I have one of each and the MKiii is the most difficult.

BTW, the Postal Matches are on-going now. I've improved a lot by shooting those semi-regularly.