great book on Bush/Cheney's screwing up America

I strongly recommend Fred Kaplan's "Daydream Believers: How a Few Grand Ideas Wrecked American Power". A friend loaned it to me and it was so good I bought several copies to give to friends. All the A-holes are here- the right-wing Israelites in the Bush Administration (PNAC types) from Dumsfeld on down- the administration's course from 9/11 to going awry in Iraq because they didn't know what the hell they were doing, thinking the CIA was lying to them because it didn't fit their preconceived ideas, didn't have near enough troops if the invasion turned out to be difficult, didn't plan for an occupation, and had no clue how to run one anyway. Bremer was appointed grand poobah and immediately issued two orders which screwed the whole occupation up and ran counter to what the administration wanted, turning all sorts of unemployed soldiers and other pissed off Iraqis loose with weapons. You just shake your head when you see what was running our government, how much they cost us, and the hatred they are still engendering in the Muslim world from the occupation.
Bill in Ohio

Where Liberty dwells, there is my country.- Ben Franklin
Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever. - Jefferson
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.- Hunter Thompson

Re: great book on Bush/Cheney's screwing up America

I wonder how long he had to Monkey around with that title to get it to where it is now?

I'd like to see dozens more books on the same topic all make the best seller list, forcing the hapless Republicans responsible for our mess to wander lost, thirsty, and hungry, in the desert for 40 years before I pee in a cup and offer it to them, when they will drink it and be redeemed.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack