Two Bio-Tech Thrillers/Horror

It is really hard to find the correct genre for them

Infected and its Sequel Contagious by up and coming author Scott Sigler.

Infected is about a former University of Michigan lineman Perry Dawsy. He starts to scratch at a couple of rashes the rashes then start to take on a mind of their own eventually trying to take over Perry's body and mind. But Perry fights back by removing the infections and if it takes body parts with them so be it.

Contagious is the continuation of the story where you learn more about what the infection actually is.

While these may never be classics they are down right entertaining with very well composed characters. You can see the growth of an from the first to the second novel.

It should be mentioned that Scott Sigler releases all of his works in serialized podcast form for free. He also has a few other entertaining titles you may enjoy in podcast form.

www.scottsigler.com
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Re: Two Bio-Tech Thrillers/Horror

Paladin wrote:It is really hard to find the correct genre for them

Infected and its Sequel Contagious by up and coming author Scott Sigler.

Infected is about a former University of Michigan lineman Perry Dawsy. He starts to scratch at a couple of rashes the rashes then start to take on a mind of their own eventually trying to take over Perry's body and mind. But Perry fights back by removing the infections and if it takes body parts with them so be it.

Contagious is the continuation of the story where you learn more about what the infection actually is.

While these may never be classics they are down right entertaining with very well composed characters. You can see the growth of an from the first to the second novel.

It should be mentioned that Scott Sigler releases all of his works in serialized podcast form for free. He also has a few other entertaining titles you may enjoy in podcast form.

http://www.scottsigler.com
Ever read the non- fiction book The Hot Zone? Its about the Ebola virus. Fascinating and gruesome read.
" Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I attack." - Gen. Ferdinand Foch, 1st Battle Of The Marne ( 1914).
http://www.rudereds.blogspot.com

Paladin wrote:I do not read nonfiction it depresses me

There is some non-fiction that I would consider not to be depressing. How about "A walk in the woods" by Bill Bryson? I enjoyed the hell out of that book. A completely different style of book than what you guys have been talking about - but a generally non-depressing book (there was one part about the destruction of habitat if I recall correctly).
"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

Mark

I taught Where the Red Ferns Grow one year and I did not know the dogs died in it. My other caveat no animals die in my book which are main characters or central to the story.

Old Yeller Out
Sounder Out
Jack London books Out (Besides he was a racist prick)
Where the Red Ferns Grow Out
Born Free Out
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Paladin wrote:Mark

I taught Where the Red Ferns Grow one year and I did not know the dogs died in it. My other caveat no animals die in my book which are main characters or central to the story.

Old Yeller Out
Sounder Out
Jack London books Out (Besides he was a racist prick)
Where the Red Ferns Grow Out
Born Free Out
You can add The Story of Edgar Sawtelle to your dog list. Only 1 dog dies, and it's completely foreseeable.