Re: New AMC Series...Unidentifiable rifle

Thanks for the quick reply. Cool gun, great history. Interestingly enough, I have a "Cartridge Comparison Guide" Poster on my wall and there is no mention of the .351 Winchester Self-Loading cartridge. Brand new these went for $26 dollars ($730 in today's money). A quick internet search finds them, depending on condition, between $500 and $1000. Ammo goes for around $1.25 a round.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

It came with either a 5 or 10-round box magazine and succeeded the model 1905.

Don't know how faithful the TV series will be to the book, but it's an adaptation of a wonderful novel of the same name by Philip Meyer and was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize. Strongly recommend it if you're looking for a great read.
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. --Molly Ivins

if they give you lined paper, write sideways.--Juan Ramon Jimenez

shinzen wrote:Winchester 1907. Which I now want to buy. Looks like a proprietary midrange cartridge, looks like a little less than a 30/30 in oomph. The OP pic looks like the 10 round magazine.

Just noticed in a book. They made this in 1905 and 07.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more