Re: I went to a Top Gear Taping

I didn't know anyone still watched Top Gear. The America variant was as much of a drag on the label as the Australian one. I figured it had been cancelled before the original series became irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

While I tend to agree with the nay-sayers above about the show's popularity, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. "Being there" doubles the fun regardless. :)

I enjoyed the original until they began acting like spoiled schoolkids, and still watch re-runs if they're the right vintage.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Bucolic wrote:I loved the Brit show until there came a point where Jeremy Clarkson became insufferable and I stopped watching it. I also tired of watching four-wheel drifts, donuts, and other ways to ruin a perfectly good set of very expensive tires.
Exac-pre-fuckin-lutely! :D
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

DispositionMatrix wrote:I didn't know anyone still watched Top Gear. The America variant was as much of a drag on the label as the Australian one. I figured it had been cancelled before the original series became irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I made it through the new season with Matt LeBlanc, it was passable.

I did like the British show, more of James May and Richard Hammond and less of Jeremy Clarkson being the loud, pompous buffoon whilst driving an unreasonably priced car. Always a treat watching The Stigg do some stylish driving to interesting music too. Great car history stuff as well.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

Glad to hear you had a good time at the taping. The original one used to be BBCs highest rated show, then Clarkson with his big opinionated mouth punched out a producer and BBC had to can him. Chris Evans wasn't a good fit, Matt LeBlanc is much better.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bucolic wrote:I loved the Brit show until there came a point where Jeremy Clarkson became insufferable and I stopped watching it. I also tired of watching four-wheel drifts, donuts, and other ways to ruin a perfectly good set of very expensive tires.
I loved the adventurous specials but Clarkson is such a racist, misogynistic, homophobic bigot and came to use the show as a podium for his conservative views.