Re: What Book You Reading?

Just finished "Leviathan Wakes". Spectacular science fiction soap. Highly recommended, I'll be picking up the next in the series. It's been awhile since I've read a new (ish) sci fi novel of that quality.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Hah. I just got the most recent book in that series. I recommend Daniel Abraham's other series as well (Corey is his pen name when working with Ty Frank). Fortunately, unlike his neighbor GRRM, he actually cranks out a couple books a year, so you don't have to wait forever to move on with the series.

Seriously, though, If you like reading fantastic fiction, I highly recommend anything by Nick Harkaway (Le Carre's kid). He's among the elite of new authors out there.

.22LR - .380ACP - 9mm - .38Spl/.357Mag - .45ACP - 5.56NATO - .308Win - .45-70Gov - 12Ga
Join!

Nice, thanks for the tip! Once I finish up with this series, I'll have to check it out for sure. My favorite kind of book is one that I can't put down and wind up finishing in a sitting or two- this was one of those.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I'll tell ya what I'm reading....Lyman's 49th edition, for like the third time..
Time to drop some cash on a press and get on with it, for godsake.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

beaurrr wrote:I'll tell ya what I'm reading....Lyman's 49th edition, for like the third time..
Great read. I find the section on equipment selection to be riveting. :roflmao:
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:
beaurrr wrote:I'll tell ya what I'm reading....Lyman's 49th edition, for like the third time..
Great read. I find the section on equipment selection to be riveting. :roflmao:
Ha!
The more I read that book, the stronger the urge to get some hardware in my hands.
I just pulled the trigger (so to speak) on a single stage press.
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers

What a beaut. But, does it have a Baldor motor?
Anyway, my credit card has pretty much melted from the earlier purchase, so I'm out.
Thanks, Shin; I can see you're really look out for me, brother. :fun:
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers

Black Earth: A Journey Through Russia After the Fall, Andrew Meier

Edit: The recent hubbub about the anniversary of Joyce's Dubliners got me rereading it. Gets better each time. My wife is binge-watching watching The Wire and I'm surprised at how many structural and stylistic connections I see, or at least imagine I see.
Last edited by begemot on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've been working through the JK Rowling mystery not bad. Then I bought this.

Fantastic read especially if you wanted to know what a band on tour goes through.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

JColville wrote:I'm still traipsing around the disc with the latest novel from Terry Pratchett
Raising Steam.jpg
Going to get this for vacay he has some brain disease so there not be many left.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer